·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Dang, I had that one on watch and completely forgot about it. Yes it'll fit but you need the 83 trunk rack to go with it as the 83 seats give about 2 inches more room for the passenger so your trunk rack won't allow this seat to fit down all the way.

BTY, I hope the seller doesn't cancel your buy as that went way cheap, but since there was no reserve price he has to ship it to you. There was another one just like it that sold 2 days ago for over 300.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Mine won't have a trunk rack. It's a standard. I'm going to use leather saddlebags.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Yes as Michael says it will fit. Good score.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

I thought that the 83 seat was longer also. I have a stock 82 and a stock 83 seat at home. The seats interchange freely between the two bikes. The trunk and backrest do sit back farther on my 83 but the 82 and 83 seats that I have are identical in length.

John

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Well it's gonna look slick on "Project Wild Rhino"

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I have the exact same seat on my81 1100standard. Itis a very comfortable seat and fits perfectly. You should be quite happy with it.

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Looks like the right seat, I'd have to look at my travelcade, I think the tongue was metal as well...

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Nice score I was watching that and almost bid on it, but my seat is in good shape and I was just thinking of a little more padding. I'm glade you were able to get with the single bid. :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I never luck out like that. I was fully expecting to get sniped at the end. That really helps the budget on this bike not having to spend 300 on a seat.

Jeff

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
I never luck out like that. I was fully expecting to get sniped at the end. That really helps the budget on this bike not having to spend 300 on a seat.

Jeff
If I had been in the house instead of outside working on the bike you would've been sniped, by me!!!! Glad some one I kinda know got it.

Now, if you find that your or your riding partner don't like it, I'll buy it from you for your cost plus shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.