Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't found a cross reference on the forum for a 1200; only for an 1100. Anyone know if the NAPA101 for the 1100 will fit on my '87 1200?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I got mine from the auto store, just compared the size and the temp rating to match. When I went to install it it was about 0.3mm too large to fit, but one turn around the flange on the grinder and she was a perfect fit.
OEM was around $58.00 plus wait for a week or more, the auto parts store was about $5.50 and 10 minutes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using that cross reference number gives me a thermostat that is too large, as is the OEM o-ring. Gonna check the motor serial number to see if a different motor was installed...

Found a stat at NAPA that fits and meets temp specs BUT how in the world do you keep the stat from slipping down in the housing lip while you tighten the cover?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Using that cross reference number gives me a thermostat that is too large, as is the OEM o-ring. Gonna check the motor serial number to see if a different motor was installed...

Found a stat at NAPA that fits and meets temp specs BUT how in the world do you keep the stat from slipping down in the housing lip while you tighten the cover?
A little dab of axle grease works wonders in keeping the stat and O-ring in place as you assemble them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.