Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Time to cross over the line.......

Does anybody know how I canship my KLR from the west coast of America to Santiago, Chile?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

bbach wrote:
What's up Mel?
I wanna ride Patagonia before I die..... and at sixty seven, I'm checking off items!

(I ain't dying just yet; at least, not anymore than usual!)

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Ah, the bucket list. Yup. We should all be checking those off.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Darn....

I was thinking more like the quote from Captain Renault:

I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Run off with a senator's wife? I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Mel, Several riding magazines have charters for that area. You might contact some of them. They could possibly help you.

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi, Bernie....... yeah, I'm a'mulling it...... I just got my first quote for air service from Seattle to Santiago....... unless I'm doing something wrong, the price to ship the KLR is $11,000!

Think I'll get some more offers.......

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

What about renting a bike there. There are also tour services that should cost anywhere near that. I would check all the available sources and options; you have plenty of time.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Don't forget rail or truck transport. Without looking for some maps, I don't know if you can send her via ship.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

1. get a bucket
2. make list

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

You know Mel, I don't see any reason you couldn't just ride there. Nearest I can figure it would take about 8 days to get to Guatemala City, then you could pick your way south across Panama and down the coastline.

Might as well go all the way down the coast to Santa Cruz though since you'll already be there. :action::cheeky1::action:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Possible there's an outfitter that rents a similar bike down there? Heck...buy one then have someone sell it after you leave.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
You know Mel, I don't see any reason you couldn't just ride there. Nearest I can figure it would take about 8 days to get to Guatemala City, then you could pick your way south across Panama and down the coastline.

Might as well go all the way down the coast to Santa Cruz though since you'll already be there. :action::cheeky1::action:
Really do want to ride down there..... the usual route is to Panama City, then air freight the bike to Quito, Ecuador.... Colombia is pretty unheathly for Gringoes.... Red and I recently talked to a British Columbia couple who rode through Mexico... they said that the Mexican people are sweet and decent outside the border cities...... get through those and stay away from the Policia and Miltaria, and you would be okay.... or so at least they said......

I don't know; seems like Mexico is more dangerous right now for a Yank than Iraq. What do you say, William? Can a ****** get through Old Mexico alive?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.