Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know there was some patterns on here for thingys (sorry cant remember proper name :D ) to put on the forks of a 1500 to help block the wind from coming up... does anyone have an actual size patter they can email me? email address is my screen name at gmail dot com

Thanx:waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Odd question about these air blockers (and a possible thread hijack) -- How well do they work? Is there a noticible reduction in draft, cold air, or splash??

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

In my opinion tunnel fillers work really well. I never get water splash and it keeps out a lot of cold air. I guess the only drawback is that they tend to compress unseat themselves when you turn the handle bars to the far left and right. You will want to take them out for the summer months. They will clean up with some soap and water. Let them dry out and use them next year.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

I fitted them a couple of months ago.
They certainly stiffened up the steering at low speeds.
I've only just got the bike back together today so I don't know what they're like on a long ride yet.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I tried a homemade pair made from the same pattern Rudy posted but didn't really see much gain in cold weather. It may be that a different windshield or my Baker Airwings changes the efficacy of the foam plugs. I've never noticed a lot of water coming up around the handlebars in heavy rain on the freeway but then it might be other differences like the Baker wings that cause the airflow to be different on my bike or any other with them.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,674 Posts
imported post

My bike never had the air blockers.

It had an extra large windshield that almost covered my hands. It had wind wings top and bottom.

I never noticed any of the cold air coming up from the front forks. When riding in rain at night, I could see rain drops floating upwards from behind me and then up and over the windscreen.

The windscreen had a reverse curl at the top, maybe that did the trick? It also stood more vertical than any other windscreen I've seen on a 1500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.