Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all,

First off I just wanted to say what a great forum!

Anyway, I recently came by a full air compressor assembly from an Aspy (84-87, I'm guessing) and I was wondering if anyone has installed this assembly on an Interstate, specifically an '86. There is one 4-wire factory plug under the right side fairing compartment that has one hot, two hot to the accesory position, and one wire I'm assuming is a ground. The compressor and switch assembly I have has all the factory connectors intact but unplugged. I have the repair manual (Haynes) but the wiring schematics aren't really clear. Basically, I'm stumped at this point and any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I didn't think the Interstste had the electrical conector on the bike? Maybe Jason can check this out on his Honda manual when he gets a minute.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The connector I described is a 4 wire female plug. The air compressor assembly I have does not have any 4 wire plugs (male or female), they are either single or 2 wire plugs. I believe some of the single wire plugs must work between the button switches, but I'm not sure how.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Did you manage to get hold of the relay as well? You will need that in any case if you do sort the connectors out.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I'm not sure of the relay. I will take some pictures of the entire assembly I have and see if I can post them in the morning. I do not believe there is a relay in the mix but I will check. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Budegan, I just noticed that you living "in exile" here in Boston. I hope your exile has been enjoyable and you're able to ride on this side of the Pond. Again, thanks for the heads up re: the relay.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

OK, here we go. I think I have inserted the photo link properly. The photo I have here is of the entire assembly. I have close ups of the individual connection/connectors if they might help. Again, thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have on how to manage this install.

Russ

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.