Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since I don't have an owner's manual I have a question about the pressure readout on the Dash Panel on my 86A. There are no psi markings, just a FF and RR which doesn't tell me anything. Can someone enlighten me on this so I can know what settings to place the front and rear shocks at?

Also I cannot seem to get the air compressor to work the air hose. I press the button for it but get no compressor. Engine on or off I get nothing. Any ideas?

Harry

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Harry dont know about 1200 but on my 1500 ignition key has to be at park to get air hose to work.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The 1200 is the same, far as I remember in that you need the engine off and the key in park for the airline to work.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Harry, the guys above are correct. I asked this question 3 weeks ago. You need engine off, and key turned round to park. Re. pressure, I don't think that there is supposed to be markings for the exact amount, I have just got the lines which I assume you're meant to increase or decrease the pressure level into.

cheers, Craig

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the help. Sure enough, key in park air works fine.

Sure would be nice to find an owners manual. I have two shop manuals but the owners manual would cover all the operating instructions. Haven't found one yet.

Harry

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

airbeat wrote:
Since I don't have an owner's manual I have a question about the pressure readout on the Dash Panel on my 86A. There are no psi markings, just a FF and RR which doesn't tell me anything. Can someone enlighten me on this so I can know what settings to place the front and rear shocks at?

Also I cannot seem to get the air compressor to work the air hose. I press the button for it but get no compressor. Engine on or off I get nothing. Any ideas?

Harry, I assume your are still talking about the same 1200 wing?

If so, the recommended "normal" shock air pressures are 0-6 psi front & 28-57 rear..

Light rider low impact riding would be closer to the low end of that range & 2-up & heavy loads or aggressive riding would be closer to the high end.

The air pressure should be set with the bike up on the center stand..

The ign key must beON for the air shock system to read or operate &the ign keyin the 'LOCK' position for the remote air hose to operate.

The air pressure is read on the temperature gauge (lcd dash) by holding the (front) or (rear) suspension button in for a few seconds with the ign switch on..

Air is added or removed by alsoholding the (increase) or (decrease) button down until the "temperature/air" bars read correctly.

The first two BOTTOM green bars on the temp gage are used for the front fork pressures-- bottom bar =0-6 psi & next one up = 6-11 psi..

The remainder of the bars are used for the rear shock pressure.

top bar = 95-114 psi

next down = 64-95 psi

3rd down =53-64 psi

4th down =38-53 psi

5th down =29-38 psi

6th down =20-29 psi

7th down =11-20 psi

8th down =6-11 psi

9th down =0-6 psi

If you look closely there should be a generic bar chart next to the air pump push buttons.

JDC

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

JDC Wrote:

"If you look closely there should be a generic bar chart next to the air pump push button"

Sure enough the directions were right there next to the buttons. What a concept! Geeshhh do I feel foolish:baffled:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well done JDC ,,Nice bit of info for airbeat ,,I think the members are starting to take over the GURU jobs ,,,:D:D:D:D:DCiaran

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

airbeat wrote:

Sure would be nice to find an owners manual. I have two shop manuals but the owners manual would cover all the operating instructions. Haven't found one yet.

Harry, keep checking E-Bay,, I see them come up there quite often..

JDC

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

JDC wrote:
airbeat wrote:

Harry, keep checking E-Bay,, I see them come up there quite often..

JDC
JDC is right, keep searching eBay motors motorcycle parts. When searching that area make sure you select 'all eBay catagories' in the bar at the top of the page. I'd search for Goldwing owner's manual, gl1200 owner's manual, Honda owner's manual, etc. You can't be sure how someone lists their stuff. Also if you find someone listing a lot of 1200 parts, send them a question through eBay and see if they have a manual, lots of times you can find a part that someone didn't list when they are parting out a bike. I managed to get an owner's manual for my 1986 SEI and they are pretty rare. Keep plugging and you'll find one!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks Wingwarrior I got the page and it reads fine.

JDC I have been looking on ebay and so far had no luck. I will keep looking.

Exavid, good suggestions. I will widen out my search. Maybe I just didn't get the right search paramaters.

Harry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.