Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a reason why the compressor only works in the AC switch position? I wouldhave thought it better to use it with the engine running to prevent the battery running down.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

I think the thought process behind it is safety. They don't want people adjusting pressures while riding. I think I read that in the manual.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

robbie1401 wrote:
Is there a reason why the compressor only works in the AC switch position? I wouldhave thought it better to use it with the engine running to preveynt the battery running down.
Are you referring to the Suspension adjustment or the outlet as in tire reair/fill?
I have wondered that about the outlet myself. My 1100 and the 1500 both have had to be in the park position on the key switch to use the outlet but not the Suspension. For Suspension adjustments, it works while the bike is running or not with the switch in the on position, in neutrel.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes, I,m referring to the outlet.You can sort out a flat tire, but end up with flat battery.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

The trick is to run the compressor for a couple of minutes and then start the engine to charge the battery back up. Then use the compressor for another couple of minutes.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,484 Posts
imported post

John Goodell wrote:
The trick is to run the compressor for a couple of minutes and then start the engine to charge the battery back up. Then use the compressor for another couple of minutes.
Bingo, John nailed it!! At the bottom of the compressor display/control panel there's a warning not to run the compressor more than 5 minutes! If your battery is in good shape and you've been doing the monthly batteryinspections, you should be good to go! :blackstuff:

·
Very active member
305 Posts
imported post

boy, that sounds like a pain in the rump. i may be kinda glad the po took out my compressor now. wait, nope, still wish i had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.