Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How about air conditioning for a future model Goldwing. It could work by the use of a special jacket with a mesh interior, an impermiable outer layer, and an air hose connecting the jacket to the air conditioner on the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

You could take a ride to the NASA site and pick up one of the air conditioned space suits. It would be great riding protection also but may be a bit pricey.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

dqsdad2001 wrote:
Air Conditioning..... Come on I don't see the point:baffled:. If you want to have conveniences like that buy a CAR
You haven't posted what bike you ride, but I take it it isn't a 1500 with the "convenience" of reverse:baffled:

Sometimes it would be nice to have the convenience of this sort of extra, especially in hot areas. Much the same as a decent heater would be nice in cooler areas, like the UK.

If some of these suggestions were taken on board by Mother Honda, they could quite easily come as an option, just like cars offer optional air con and auto etc.

Surely it is no different from the Audio package now offered, some would like it, some wouldn't:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

dqsdad2001 wrote:
Air Conditioning..... Come on I don't see the point:baffled:. If you want to have conveniences like that buy a CAR
Some people might think differently... I know I don't need AC, but I'm sure some who live in the southwest and the south would appreciate it. And it would probably encourage some to wear protective gear where normally they don't because of the heat.

I like my bike simple,but I don't live in an area of extreme heat and/or humiditylike Arizona or the American South.

Attached is a photo of my bike. As you can see I don't even have a fairing or anything else fancy.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
imported post

For extreme hot weather or desert touring, I was thinking of putting one t-shirt inside another, and sewing them together with a circuit of small diameter vinyl tubing in between. Then circulating cold water through the circuit from an ice chest with a small DC pump.
Feasible?

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

RoundmanFabrications wrote:
For extreme hot weather or desert touring, I was thinking of putting one t-shirt inside another, and sewing them together with a circuit of small diameter vinyl tubing in between. Then circulating cold water through the circuit from an ice chest with a small DC pump.
Feasible?
I use an evaporative cooling vest and it keeps me very cool. It works like a swamp cooler. With a full mesh jacket and no windshield itkeeps me coolfor 45 minutes to an hour, then I re-soak it with water and I'm off again. They're great in areas with low humidity.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

i was thinking a windshield washer bottle and pump with the nozzles spraying at me to stay cool. jb:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
imported post

I WISH they had air conditioning. I would rather ride in 35-40 degree weather (I stop when it gets down to freezing) anyday then this stuff.
I ride all year long, but I think the months where I ride the fewest amount of days is Febuary , July and August.
I normally take the bike for every mundane task there is. Not in July and August. I hate riding in town, sitting at a traffic light, the heat emanating from all the cars and pavement....I feel like an egg in a frying pan.....
Friend has a mesh jacket and now a safari vest....works real well....when you are moving.
A cheap alternative is to just wear a wet sweatshirt. Drys out too quick tho, but it works. I also tried wearing my regular coat with a wet shirt. Only problem there was my arms did not get enough wind flow......but shirt stayed wetter longer. I thought I would sweat to death, but it was a little cooler.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Seems a little steep for some tubing, a T-shirt, and an ice chest.
Don't forget, it has a probably $5-$10 pump too.:cheeky1:

John

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

You know, I actually suggested using one of the misters that are supposed to cool you off like what you see at amusement parks. However, if you're wearing glasses, the fog might impede your vision. Not a good thing, plus if the humidity is like it's been around here for a while(60-74%) the evaporative cooling doesn't work so well.

I thought it sounded like a good idea until the facts were presented.;)

Hobie

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
You know, I actually suggested using one of the misters that are supposed to cool you off like what you see at amusement parks. However, if you're wearing glasses, the fog might impede your vision. Not a good thing, plus if the humidity is like it's been around here for a while(60-74%) the evaporative cooling doesn't work so well.

I thought it sounded like a good idea until the facts were presented.;)

Hobie
Lets face it, if you live in one of the Southern States or in the Southwest, attempting to wear fullprotective clothing some days can kill ya----literally. :shock:I am a firm believer in always wearing it but you can't at times. You can ride or stay home, me I flip the coin and ride, but never in shorts, without gloves and a helmet. But there are times when the protective jacket stays home.:pIf you can give us airconditioning I'll take it, but I just don't believe that will happen.
:byebye:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
Lets face it, if you live in one of the Southern States or in the Southwest, attempting to wear fullprotective clothing some days can kill ya----literally. :shock:I am a firm believer in always wearing it but you can't at times. You can ride or stay home, me I flip the coin and ride, but never in shorts, without gloves and a helmet. But there are times when the protective jacket stays home.:pIf you can give us airconditioning I'll take it, but I just don't believe that will happen.
:byebye:
Have you tried a mesh jacket and/or pants? You'll get just about as much airflow with mesh, and it keeps the sun off... and itoffersprotection in a crash.

With modern mesh gear one can no longer rationalize not wearing protective gear. :waving:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
With modern mesh gear one can no longer rationalize not wearing protective gear. :waving:
Yep, I love my FirstGear Mesh jacket!

John

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Cyote61 wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Yep, I love my FirstGear Mesh jacket!

John
OK, who makes the best?:baffled:
That's like asking, "who makes the best oil" or, "what tires are best." Get something that fits well and has CE-approved armor.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.