Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a couple of sets of air deflectors for a GL1100. Looks to me they are same for 1200. Everyone was talking of them at $3.99 at Whitney. Not there. It may have been a typo for a day or 2. But they are $39.99 plus shipping. They are pretty universal and I am sure they would fit others as well. I have a set mounted on a Kawasaki Concours and they look like they were made for it. If interested PM me. Not for $3.99 but better than 39.99 and shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

That so called sale lasted about 5 days before they caught the mistake. As far as I know they did honor all the sales made for those so they have that in their favor.

some of those that were bought at that 3.99 price are now starting to show up on Ebay at buy it now prices around 20 bucks plus shipping. Glad I bought 2 pair.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well JC Whitney is now at $48.99.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

They look real good on that concours.
Don't ya just loveKaws---theirengineers think of everything, even removable saddlebags/luggage cases that you can carry into a hotel.:clapper:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Well JC Whitney is now at $48.99.
Yea, I saw that also. The catalog that came in the box with the windwings has them at 38.99. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

IRAQI RAM wrote:
Don't ya just loveKaws---theirengineers think of everything, even removable saddlebags/luggage cases that you can carry into a hotel.:clapper:
I wish my goldwing would have removable saddlebags. I bought a set of the liners and thats not to bad. But just to pop them off and have luggage is nice.

HONDA needs to take a lesson here.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Honda did make some that were removable and where I'm going this weekend up in West Virginia to pick up a fairing, the guys has a set of them for sale. I'll check their condition and see what he wants for them. I'll take some pics of them too as my camera is better than his.

He's selling everything really cheap because he needs the room in the garage. He's using an 82 frame, engine and running gear to make a custom trike and doesn't need any of the plastics off the bike.

Look here, 4th pic down, they're in a plastic tub right behind the false tank.

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/63913.html

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Never knew they did that. Wonder why it didn't work?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
IRAQI RAM wrote:
I wish my goldwing would have removable saddlebags. I bought a set of the liners and thats not to bad. But just to pop them off and have luggage is nice.

HONDA needs to take a lesson here.
My Silverwing Interstate had removable saddlebags on it. They unlocked from the bike at the back then you released the front with a latch that looked like a seat belt buckle. Then you just fold the latch around and carry your luggage into the hotel. They worked really well actually.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Honda did make some that were removable and where I'm going this weekend up in West Virginia to pick up a fairing, the guys has a set of them for sale. I'll check their condition and see what he wants for them. I'll take some pics of them too as my camera is better than his.

He's selling everything really cheap because he needs the room in the garage. He's using an 82 frame, engine and running gear to make a custom trike and doesn't need any of the plastics off the bike.

Look here, 4th pic down, they're in a plastic tub right behind the false tank.

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum6/63913.html
If anyone would like some pics of the bags, I have some so you can see what they look like. I have already brokered a deal with him on the bags. It's to bad about the wings, they were something I was wanting to get for mine...

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I purchased 6 of those and hit the pay button twice.
i received my order doubled.
I hated to do it but had to return the second set for a full refund because it was a $300 bill. My books were a lil shaky with the extra cash out of my account. In hindsight i wish I would have kept more.
not to make a proffit but to let others get in on the deal.
UK ROADRUNNER got his for $20 USD. What it cost me for the Item and shipping over seas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.