Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm thinkin' about getting a set of air deflectors for the 15hun and kinda like the Baker Built units. Are they the best for what they do for you? Do they mount on the bottom holes where the fairing side storage flaps snap on? Just wondering if they are worth $160. I have the silver paint job and I think the clear model would look best on the bike. Thanks for the feedback, and yes I do believe I will get another set of E-3's for the old girl afterall! Ride On.....

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I've got the Bakers for the hand wings and the main ones are Show Chrome. I like the combination.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I have the Bakers on the 1800, I don't know if they are work $160 but they do the job of controlling air rush on both the rider and passenger. Clear or Smoke would look good on your silver.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

The Baker Air Wings are the best quality built ones for the GL1500. They have a more "solid sturdy mounting" system than other brands.

While the clean would look good, I have the "smoke colored" ones on my Pearl/Silver Dark/Silver SE and they look real good.

They do mount at the bottom where the "deflector cap" is located. See page 13-12 in the Honda service manual.

I believe the "quality and fitment" is definitely worth the money. At least in my case.

DB

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

There was an old guy from Florida at Wings Over the Smokies that makes his own air wings and sells them at all the rally's. His are a thicker material than the Baker's, mounting hardware is stouter and stainless steel. Oh, and the best thing, they're way cheaper than the Bakers.

He doesn't have a website I'm sorry to say but just watch for him at any rally that caters to Goldwings. He'll even include installation on your bike in the price.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the comeback on my deflector post. I just ordered a set of Baker wings with upper's. If I want at a later date I will order the lower add on wings too. I think they will give my rider much more wind protection on her legs on cooler rides. Ride On.............

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
There was an old guy from Florida at Wings Over the Smokies that makes his own air wings and sells them at all the rally's. His are a thicker material than the Baker's, mounting hardware is stouter and stainless steel. Oh, and the best thing, they're way cheaper than the Bakers.

He doesn't have a website I'm sorry to say but just watch for him at any rally that caters to Goldwings. He'll even include installation on your bike in the price.
I saw this guy at the Florida District Rally in Kissimmee, FL in March 2009. I looked at his Wind Wings and did a comparison to my Baker ones. The plastic was thicker and I didn't think they looked near as good as the Baker ones. I prefer the Baker Built ones. Installation is no big deal, a screwdriver and 10 minutes. But mine were installed in the price at a Rally.

Wingboomer, You will be happy with the Baker Wings, they do a good job of deflecting the wind. I have the center and upper parts on mine.

DB

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

I have the Baker windwings and love them. My wife had chaps and since installing the windwings never has to use them. I also have the wings that mount under the mirrors for your hands and under the heads to keep your feet dry and wind free when it rains. They really work well too. You won't be disappointed with Baker's quality. :action:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.