Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just completed my first air filter change on gl1800. Thanks to Steve Saunders video tutorial it was no problem. I can't believe the engineers at Honda can't come up with something less complicated.:X Thanks for all the great information that is available on this site.

·
Administrator
27,931 Posts
imported post

It's not all that bad after you have done it. At least it doesn't have to be done that often. Changed mine at 22,000 and it could have easily gone 30K.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I had 32000 and it was time! Bought the bike in July and the owner said he had never had it changed. Been putting it off because it looked like a big deal when I read about it in the Clymer Manual. Steve's video made it go smoothly.
I wonder what a dealer would charge for this service?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I found it also not too bad a job on my 05. Also at 24,000 and again at 52,000 miles the filter was not vary dirty...... at least for the conditions I have encountered.
Easy check...... After removing the top shelter, just remove the one screw that holds the right side air horn to the air box and lift the air horn out. From here you can get a great view of the business end "intake side" of the air filter without tearing into things any further.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

That same video was a big help to me, I wouldn't have tackled the task without it. I had a hard time understanding the Irishmans accent but he sure made the whole task look easy. Very good tip about not mixing up those faring screws.

·
Registered
12 Posts
air filter 1800

Just completed my first air filter change on gl1800. Thanks to Steve Saunders video tutorial it was no problem. I can't believe the engineers at Honda can't come up with something less complicated.:X Thanks for all the great information that is available on this site.
this is a great site. thanks steve saunders for the great veido and download info. i did have rats nest in mine. went back with stock filter but added screens to the intakes tubes.thanks again to all. mables357.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Air Filter at 18K

Here is what mine looked like compared to the one with which I replaced it at 18K.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.