Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has just happened to me and there seems to be a problem with the design of these after market filters.

I have just bought a Hiflo filtro. Filter with the correct model number for my bike HFA 1905. It shows for GOLDWING 80-85 and all seems well with height width and depth measurements with old filter. The old one was the same type.

The only difference is the dent or recess for the top cover of the airbox housing to fit in seems higher and as such I could not get the lid back on

A bit of fiddling and removal of the rubber spacer and washer from the lid and replacement with an external rubber washer and wing nut and bobs you uncle it fitted.

Theres only about 2 mm in it. It could be the seal on the lid has packed down too much but all seems fair. I will try to fab a new seal but this seems not to be the main problem.

Apart from taking a hammer to the top of the filter casing I don't see any solution.

Any one else have this?

Before you ask there are few if any alternatives in dealers and this make are top notch.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Sometimes there are batch variations in aftermarket filters. You probably just got a bad one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.