Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just this very minute posted the air filter tutorial here http://www.goldwingfacts.com/18airfilter.htmand there is a link on the page for the wmv video clip as well. The video is a big download at 11.7megs and it runs for 6 minutes and 58 seconds.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Thats just what I wanted to hear Steve, I'd almost given up. I'm downloading it right now and will watch it over a cuppa.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

:clapper:well done. I only seen the post about this on the riders forum a few minutes ago and came back here. It's nice to see that we got told about it here first before the other boards. :D

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Nice work, should save a few quid for the DIY people.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Great video Wingnut... I'm still going to keep my GL1200.......:coollep:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

good work wingnut. Another one for me collection. Loved the bit where you said the old filter had "seen better days" and just flung in across the yard!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey wingnut, ;)you will do all the film stars out of a job. :grinner:I watched this in real life and I certainly would not attempt to do it myself. :crying:You are lucky that you have that little assistant in the red top to help you. :clapper: Good video and well presented, :clapper:but I cant get over the Cork accent. :grinner:

:waving: :18red: :waving:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

Excellent work Wingnut. And it isfree as well! Now the imminent service does not seem all that scary anymore.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Great Video, only one request I might have as a member from this side of the pond, English sub titles would be a great help!;);)Just kidding. Every time I read this forum or see a video like this, it takes away a little bit more apprehension I have about spending all my hard earned money on a new 1800. Thanks again. Only 4 1/2 months to go!!:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Great Video, only one request I might have as a member from this side of the pond, English sub titles would be a great help! ;);)Just kidding. Every time I read this forum or see a video like this, it takes away a little bit more apprehension I have about spending all my hard earned money on a new 1800. Thanks again. Only 4 1/2 months to go!!:D:D:D
Iheard Steve was going to do the dialog in Irish so that the Dub (or is it Cork) accent wouldn't be difficult for overseas viewers, thats why he put the pictures and text on the tutorial page for the braille lovers. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Another terrific feature of this website. However, after watching what it takes to change an air filter on an 1800, I'm gonna stay with my 1200, thanks!

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

keener wrote:
Another terrific feature of this website. However, after watching what it takes to change an air filter on an 1800, I'm gonna stay with my 1200, thanks!
Theres a lot to be learned from this site, the forum here is only part of it. When I found it first it took me hours to read it all over several visits. Other forum members here should really take a bit of time utilizing the site as the answers to many of our questions are already there.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
-- Other forum members here should really take a bit of time utilizing the site as the answers to many of our questions are already there.

So many pages too view, somtimes quicker to post a question and a reply await. ;)

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I went to a Wing meet last weekend by car (almost ready to ride again) and I could hardly believe the large number of guys who already have the video clips downloaded. Some of them had copied it onto CD's and were swapping them in return for blank CD's. The air filter one is really popular, I suppose the fact that they are free will ensure they stay popular for years to come, also the fact that no other Goldwing site that we know ofgives this (Fred Harmon will sell you his DVDs) unique facility all for free.

I made plenty of new friends when it became known the the Wingnut is an actualfriend of mine. Now if only I can figure out a way to make it pay... ;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
I went to a Wing meet last weekend by car (almost ready to ride again) and I could hardly believe the large number of guys who already have the video clips downloaded. Some of them had copied it onto CD's and were swapping them in return for blank CD's. The air filter one is really popular, I suppose the fact that they are free will ensure they stay popular for years to come, also the fact that no other Goldwing site that we know ofgives this (Fred Harmon will sell you his DVDs) unique facility all for free.

I made plenty of new friends when it became known the the Wingnut is an actualfriend of mine. Now if only I can figure out a way to make it pay... ;)
Hey Budegan, :cheeky1:Im afraid you cant claim the wingnut as a friend. :X We have all claimed him here in Paddy's land as a friend, :clapper:now he has too many and he repairs our :18red:free of charge,:grinner: so we will put you down as an acquaintance. :waving:After all you deserted the boat and left us. ;)

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
-- I made plenty of new friends when it became known the the Wingnut is an actualfriend of mine. Now if only I can figure out a way to make it pay... ;)
If you do then don't forget to send over the wingnuts cut. I get the impresion that he has a long arm that reaches out to far away places ..... :gunhead:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

First off, Welcome White Lighting, boy you must of read a lot of posts to respond to one almost 2 yrs old. According to the video it had 20,000 miles on it. If you stick to the owners manual recommendations you should be fine.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

White Lightning wrote:
One question...just how many miles did you have on that filter that flew out the door?
Howdy White Lightning :waving:You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper:

Yeah that filter that wingnut threw out the door :banana:had 20k miles on it, but the owners handbook tells you to change at 12k miles, :3sum:but the experts say :bowing:it all depends onwhat type of riding you do, dusty, wet, etc. etc. etc. :doh:

Please up date your Profile and tell us what partof the USA you come from.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.