Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

own an '06 gl1800. just turned the magic 16k. time for the air filter change. looked at a few online videos on doing this myself. am somewhat mechanically inclined but also a tad intimidated. did a complete radio install on an '04 wing. long process but not real hard. havent asked my dealer the cost yet. any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

prepair yourself for a shock !

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Changed my air filter out at 16,000 on my 05 and it was not even dirty. I'm still trying to figure out if it really filters anything.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I did mine at 10 grand (because I had the top shelter and seat off for a CB install). It wasn't very dirty. Recommend you have a service manual. It's intimidating, because it looks like you have destroyed you ride by the time you get to the filter, but it's not too difficult. Recommend a set of T-handled Allen's. First time will take you awhile, but after that you know how to do it and its pretty easy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

What I have found in most cases.......Unless you are in extremely dusty dirty conditions.... I believe you can wait until 25,000 miles. I did at 28k and it was still OK. Changed anyway. But then there is also the mouse nest issue if stored for long peroids of time! Once you have tackeled it, the project is not difficult, and can be done within an hour or two depending on experience.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Hi Tom. If you did a radio swap then you already know how to remove the shelter, and that's the hard part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.