Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Bought my bike with a K&N air filter it needed cleaning so I got the kit to clean it and oil it but now my bike sucks gas like crazy so I would like to get A Fram air filter to see what happens, the Honda brand here is $46.00 and that is too much, so anyone out there can tell my the Fram number that will fit this bike then I can look up who has it around here?

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

The K&N air filter doesn't have any effect on fuel mileage ..... My '80 with the K&N has the same performance and mileage as my dad's '80with the stock filter. Been running the K&N since '81. Mine was the test bike. Was so unimpressed that we never changed his filter.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I have K&N on all my bikes & trucks . It sounds to me like you used too much oil jmho

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Try Cyclemax for your airfilter

Not a Fram, but never had any issues with them for my 1500 and a lot cheaper than what your Stealer wants for an OEMone!

(click on photo)

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
imported post

I used to use the UNO foam filters. Did some test tank to tank with UNO foam and a stock paper filter. Stock paper gets 3 to 4 more mpg. Have seen several reports of the same test with k&N. Stock paper filters hard to beat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.