Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking at installing an air horn on my 1100 andnoticed that the kit comes with a short line. I've noticed that most put the compressor in the saddlebag, I was thinking of putting the compressor under the fake tank and running a longer line back to the horn assembly.

My question is this, will running a longer line from the compressor to the horns cause a loss in the quality of the horns?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,178 Posts
imported post

It will be slower to respond as the air pressure won't build up as fast at the horn itself. Will tend to give the blast a softened effect initially.

Something like train horns, the air line to their horns is fairly long. Might be a neat sound :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
imported post

I have my compessor in the saddle bag with about a total of 14 inches of hose the horns are attched to the bottom of the bags, shorter the hose the better

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I should have been more specific, I'm putting the horns back under the saddle bag.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Airhorns were already mounted on the Gray Ghost when I got it. They are mounted under the right saddlebag with the compressor just above them inside the saddlebag. so maybe 7 inches of airhose. I'd suggest keeping them close so the compressor so the response is fast.
I also have the original horns still mounted and they sound off before the airhorns if I am too quick on the horn button

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

On my 1500,I have dual airhorns, the horns are mounted on the engine guards up front, and the compressors are in the saddlebags. They blow as soon as I hit the horn button. Just ask a couple of the NASSIR people that I snuck up on from behind.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Do any of you guys have pictures of how you actually have the air horns mounted to the bike, either under the saddlebag, or the front engine guard? I just purchased a set from Harbor Freight and the hardware was sparse.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.