Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I now think air horns ought to be standard equipment on a Wing. Today I was cruising down I-5 between Federal Way and Tacoma when a Semi on my right decided to come into my lane. I was about half-way down the length of the truck and obviously he didn't see me. I gave him a blast of the air horn and you should have seen him cut back to his own lane. He must have thought he was about to sideswipe another truck. I don't believe he would have been able to hear the standard horn at all. Sure do like those LOUD horns.

:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Hey

You've only had that new toy 5 minutes and you're starting to put it in scary situations. :crying:

I am always cautious about trucks on the motorway. Have had a few scares myself. Including getting run off the road in exactly the same situation you found yourself in. Luckily I was in a car.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Tried it on nuns at a crosswalk yet? :cooldevil:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

You are an evil man Rootman,, I like the way you think, but your evil.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Hey

You've only had that new toy 5 minutes and you're starting to put it in scary situations. :crying:

I am always cautious about trucks on the motorway. Have had a few scares myself. Including getting run off the road in exactly the same situation you found yourself in. Luckily I was in a car.

Andrew
I've put 650 miles on it so far, not much you can do about passing on a truck on the freeway other than try to get enough room open prior the pass so that you can squirt past quickly. I did have enough space behind me to hit the binders hard enough that the truck would have gone past before it would have taken up my space in the lane, but the horns did a good job of letting him know I was there so that I didn't have to take evasive action. I drive large charter buses so I'm well aware how difficult it is to see a bike alongside so I strive not to get myself in that kind of position without an escape route. Driving is like flying in that way, in a small airplane you always pick out a spot were you will put her down if the engine should fail, once that spot is out of reach, you should have picked out the next. Same thing on the road, always need to keep in mind where you'll go if someone does something unexpected.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey exavid :waving: Dont be pushing your weight around with that new :15red:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

An extra powerful horn makes absolute sense, was riding on the main Dublin/Cork road today and spotted a myopic old bat at a junction just outside Fermoy, sure enough she looked right through me, so I decided to lean on the old blower, enough to get the attention of everyone except her, she pulled right out and only heard the horn when I was right behind her car, obviously hard on the brakes. I think I recall someone mentioning a website that sells multiple tone extra loud horns that would be suitable for the wing, if anyone can enlighten me to the URL of this website, would be very grateful.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

GreenWing wrote:
An extra powerful horn makes absolute sense, was riding on the main Dublin/Cork road today and spotted a myopic old bat at a junction just outside Fermoy, sure enough she looked right through me, so I decided to lean on the old blower, enough to get the attention of everyone except her, she pulled right out and only heard the horn when I was right behind her car, obviously hard on the brakes. I think I recall someone mentioning a website that sells multiple tone extra loud horns that would be suitable for the wing, if anyone can enlighten me to the URL of this website, would be very grateful.
Some are hopeless to anything less than a nuclear blast! Yesterday that woman who hangs around here and I were tooling down a two lane road when a fire truck approached from behind. We pulled off to the right and stopped until it passed. Once we got going again we came up behind it because there was an older couple in a minivan in front of the fire engine, tooling along at 10mph less than the speed limit. I don't know if you've heard an American fire truck, but they have a siren, an ear splitting buzzer and strobe lights all over them. The old lady finally noticed the truck behind her so she stopped. Right in the middle of her lane! No room for the truck to get around her. I hope someone on the truck got the license number so the old woman can be checked out to see if she should be on the road at all.

:cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Thanks guys, but I was looking for something along the lines of an extra load set of horns that would replace the existing stock items on the wing.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Thanks Mr.1200, they look the business....:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.