Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have invested in a tow pac.My horns were mounted under my saddle bags and now i cant mount them there.Any ideals on were to mount them???

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
imported post

Rudy put his up under the fairing if I recall correctly.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I'll go take a pic of my "ARrrrruga" horn on my Harley & post it later today. Its loud & up front on my ride!!!

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

don't bother.... go get a set of 1800 horns I put them on my 1500 (same mounting with a bit of finigelling) much much better

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks guys bunch of help.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Hope this pic shows up. I mounted my horn to my right side fork. It is my answer to the deer alert & also wakes up sleepy motorists very quickly!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

In a previous post I lamented about the nightmare I was going through installing my airhorns. Over the weekend I purchased a one peice unit, there are no airlines to run and one bolt to hold the system in place. I mounted it inside the the fairing lower on the right hand side. Now I also replased the bike horn with a couple of electric booster horns that are louder than normal car horns. There is about a 1/2 second delay at most between the two systems, the result is a horrendously loud blast that everyone says sounds like a train.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

I mounted mine to the saddle bag and hitch bars. I got a U bolt from the hardware store, a piece of steel strap and then ran it so I can mount the horns to it. Got 3 horns under the left bag, had to put the rivco covers on to keep water and bugs out! The compressor is in the left bag so I dont have to run a lot of hose.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
imported post

Yep, that is the Nautilus Stebel horn.

Got one myself. Going to put it on my daily work car, cellphone oriented drivers here are trying to kill my cage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.