Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

anybody here familiar with snail compact air horns?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

I put a black Stebel on my Gl1100I. I like the sound and with a little trimming of the right lower fairing it is invisible.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
imported post

Two of those, on a little Pontiac Vibe, makes people wake up! :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

+++++++++++++++++ on stebel, also makes you a better rider, while your looking for places to use it you also become more aware:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::waving:

·
12,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Here is my stebel Nautilus on my GL1100.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

better view

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Discreet.

Until I HONK!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
I don't know if my pictures on my 1200 were the one's you saw or not, but here they are from a couple of years ago. It was pretty easy on that bike.

John
I'm not sure either. Just don't remember. I tried to mount my horn so the output would be out the fairing vent, thus the funny shaped bracket. I think if there is a Stebel Compact Horn on a bike, no matter where mounted, 'they' gonna hear it.:clapper::cheeky1::dude:

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

Wichita Scorpion wrote:
I think if there is a Stebel Compact Horn on a bike, no matter where mounted, 'they' gonna hear it.:clapper::cheeky1::dude:
Agreed. We put one on NaturalyGW's bike and it doesn't have any direct access to a vent, but it's still so much louder than the stock 1500 it easily gets the attention of a distracted driver.

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I have the Ear Cannons. Also 139db. Lovem.

I wish that they had an "ahem" setting though. Its hard on people to give them the full meal deal when you just want to nudge them at a stoplight... You can feather the button a bit, but somethings they just whistle:Da bit.

I recommend clean wiring, though. I see my headlights dim a bit (can only see it at night, though, its subtle)

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I've got two sets of airhorns made by Fiamm, one set low tones, other set higher tones. Plus the stock horns. They are truly life-savers. They have gotten the attention of several s.o.b.'s that were going to pull out in front of me. Loud as heck.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

150 db !!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Holy airblast Batman

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

I know of a set of train horns I would love to be able to put on the wing, but he won't sell and no place to hook them up.

James

·
Premium Member
67,645 Posts
imported post

Has anyone mounted the Nautilus horn on a 1500.. If yes, where..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.