Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:
I really like that idea of putting the horn under one of the saddlebags.:)
Mmmmm... grindage.
well...........if you put it that way:shock:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:
I really like that idea of putting the horn under one of the saddlebags.:)
Mmmmm... grindage.
well...........if you put it that way:shock:
Yeah exavid has his mounted under his right saddlebag, and he scrapes it sometimes.

John

·
Premium Member
67,635 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the wiring information.. I wanted to tie into the excisting horn switch and that answers my question about the extra amps.. Than all you have to do is ground the new horn relay.....

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Anybody out there put on a secondary horn button for emergency use only?

Or is everybody just bypassing the main horn. (which is pretty good for a stock MC horn. At least on the 1800's)

Question: If loud pipes do not save lives, why do loud horns ? Just something to ponder.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:

Or is everybody just bypassing the main horn. (which is pretty good for a stock MC horn. At least on the 1800's)

Question: If loud pipes do not save lives, why do loud horns ? Just something to ponder.
Most of us run both sets in parallel. The relay for the air horns is driven by the existing horn wiring as if it were a third horn.

To answer your question about loud pipes... I have found it is the sudden change in sound level that the users hear but adapt to gradually increasing sound is adjusted to. It is the change that gets them, I think. Same with light. That is why the headlight modulators work so well.

I had an ancient lady coming over into my lane and gave her a hit with the Stebels. Didn't phase her at all until I started hitting it on then off then on then off. About the third cycle she hears me and gives me a bad look for being in her lane (which was mine). :doh:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:

Most of us run both sets in parallel. The relay for the air horns is driven by the existing horn wiring as if it were a third horn.

To answer your question about loud pipes... I have found it is the sudden change in sound level that the users hear but adapt to gradually increasing sound is adjusted to. It is the change that gets them, I think. Same with light. That is why the headlight modulators work so well.

I had an ancient lady coming over into my lane and gave her a hit with the Stebels. Didn't phase her at all until I started hitting it on then off then on then off. About the third cycle she hears me and gives me a bad look for being in her lane (which was mine). :doh:
These Steibel's must be very efficient to run in this manner. Do you get headlight dim or any other electronic blip when you use the air horn?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:

These Steibel's must be very efficient to run in this manner. Do you get headlight dim or any other electronic blip when you use the air horn?
The horn circuit is only running the relay coil, not the horn. The relay contacts run the Stebel direct from the battery through it's own fuse. So there is no load on the stock wiring system.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:
Rudy wrote:
IdahoRaider wrote:

The horn circuit is only running the relay coil, not the horn. The relay contacts run the Stebel direct from the battery through it's own fuse. So there is no load on the stock wiring system.
So who has the best price on these little beauties again???

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.