Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

How often do you have to change the air in the tires? Do you go by how many turns? Or by how many months old the air is? I counted by how many times the tire turned to go one mile and I've gone a little over three thousand on the front one already, Is that too much?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I never heard of anyone changing the air, don't we all just top it up periodically?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,517 Posts
imported post

I have never once considered such a thing in all my years of riding. Change it? Why?

Nitrogen 78% and Oxygen don't wear out to my knowledge. And if it is always pressured up it won't get moisture in it. Unless you pump moisture in from a wet air line.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Have you smelled your tire air? You can tell when it's turned. Fresh tire air enhances the ride

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

I change mine only once a year regardless of how many miles I put on. I disregard the amount of revolutions because one good turn deserves another. On my trailer it is every other year.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Hmmm, never heard of changing the air in your tires. All tires have a tiny leak (thru the rubber itself), that's why you have to top them off periodically.....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead::cheeky1::gunhead::gunhead::gunhead::bat::gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Nope, Never ever changed mine. Never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

Never heard of changing air in a tire? With an older bike like mine, it seems that I have to add a quart of air about every other month, go figure.:D

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
2008 GL1800
1,384 Posts
imported post

Once I was lost and did not understand this very concept, a friend explained all. With fresh air and new tires the ride is great. As time progresses the oxygen in the air (not the Nitrogen – it’s a very stable gas) combines with the carbon, out gassing from the new tires, to form a much heavier molecule. This heavier molecule causes high density air thus the harsh ride. As the air is changed out the new oxygen starts the process all over again. This will continue until the old tires no longer out gases carbon. At this time the tire is worn out requiring replacement and the cycle starts anew. Notice the smell of a new tire store as opposed to the old tires stacked outside. (Proof of out gassing carbon??):cool:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

I knew there was a reason, makes perfect sense to me :doh:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I always thought that it was the out-gassing that made the co-rider morebitter thereby degrading the ride quality :arguing:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Geez, I don't think I can tell the difference between old tire air and new tire air .....but I religiously change my tire air everytime I change my tires.

Is it April 1st?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I change my air right after I take a bath,bout once a week or so....;)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.