Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ever wanted to change the oil only to find out that noone is around to help you get that 440Kilo monster up on the center stand? Why not a simple air jack like they use on the hi tech race cars. Simple to add IMHO. Then when the ignition is off, you can simply push a button and a compressor, similiar to the one in my saddlebag, activates to lift the bike up Voila, no more hernias, buddies bummin beer, or tweaked backs. What ya think eh? (had to do that, it's expected of us CanadIans eh!)

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
imported post

Every time I see the mention of Air Jack..I think of sneaky pete and his infamous Air jack Rail Dragster. he sure got over on them for awhile...funny.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Looks like you need a 2005-2010 BMW K1200LT with electric center stand, you will have to kiss the Honda reliability good by. OR, Run your rear tire onto something 1" thick and it will feel like you ate a can of spinach.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

That would seem easy enough to do, hook the switch through the neutral so it can't come down during drive. I would think that the air pump already on the bikes would be sufficient to handle a small gear operated (or hydrolic operated) pump that operated 2 pistons that droped from the bottom of the bike. Sounds simple....

-OR-

Have the same piston Jacks come down but put them close to the back wheels, make it a two position switch, one hooked up like above and the second position could be tied to the 1st gear switch, put small wheels or roller bearing on the bottom of the pistons and this stage will only partially drop down just enough to stabilize the bike in an upright position when your at a stop light or intersection...

Dreamen.......I know.....

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a good idea. I'd like not having a manual center stand although my 15 is easy enough to get up. I almost went with the K1200LT but it wasn't a very comfortable riding position for me and I didn't like it when my friend started his after a long run it would consistently huff blue smoke. Sure did have some nice toys on it from the factory though.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

In fact......... there was an after-market one in the '80s. No idea where you could get them but i saw a guy who had one fitted to his Wing about 20 years ago.

Dave.

·
Administrator
20,568 Posts
imported post

This is interesting...........

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Can you imagine going out to the garage and seeing your bike laying on it's side because one side of the pistons had an air leak....... Bummer.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
imported post

This is the first time I've heard that 1800's are hard to get on the center stand Honda ergos have always been pretty good when it comes to stuff like that. My 83 1100 is way easier than the BMW R65, and that weighed 200 lbs less. So much for german engneering! :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.