Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I've tried to use the accessory air hose on a Gl1500. I turn the handlebars to full-lock left, put the switch in PARK, and when I press "outlet," I get nothing - no air pump running, etc. Am I missing something here - sidestand, centerstand, or is there a fuse that might be the culprit? (The air pump works fine to inflate the rear shock). Thanks!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,332 Posts
Neither of my 1500s would work, a 94SE and a 98SE.
I gave up on it, and carry a small Slime brand air compressor in the trunk.
at the time I bought it, it was smaller than any other air compressor.

Slime now has one almost as small, with an Internal Battery that is the Cat's Meow for bikers.
I can't seem to find the link to it, but this one is very small and tidy

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Like most switches on the GL1500, if they don't get regular exercise, they tend to give up. When you push the outlet button, can you hear any solenoid activity near the compressor?

·
Pwhoever
3,413 Posts
You are on the right track by having it in park. While holding the "outlet" button in, did you also press the "increase" button too?

You might also check the compressor by having ignition in Park, ACC or Run, hold down the "P. CHECK" and "Increase" see if the shock pressure rises. Then you will know that at least the compressor is working.

Oops, I see you know that it is already working for shock pressure...

·
Registered
gl1500
15 Posts
You'll burn out your compressor using it to pump up tires, and it is not easily replaced any more.

These were designed to run for a few seconds to pump a small volume shock, not pressurize a large volume tire over tens of minutes.

Better to carry a small portable compressor for a few bucks, like others have suggested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts