Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an 85 aspy and my inseam is pertty short. right now i have no air in either the front forks or rear shocks in order to keep the bike as low as possiable. is that ok to do or should i run a little pressuer in them and if so whats the minimum amout i could get away with. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Boomer and welcome to the forum. You can ride without air in the suspension if the ride suits you and your style of riding. The air is a booster to keep the bike stable in the twistys and to prevent bottom out of the suspension under heavy loads.As you say you are running with no air to lower the seat height, you may want to consider taking the seat to a automobile upholsterer and having it cut down a little. This would give you more sure footedness when stopped or in slow maneuvers.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks i was thinking about taking the seat apart and removing some of the foam. I did it on my cavalcade and cut the foam down four inches and put back two inches of the memory foam and it was the best seat i ever had.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

boomer wrote:
I have an 85 aspy and my inseam is pertty short. right now i have no air in either the front forks or rear shocks in order to keep the bike as low as possiable. is that ok to do or should i run a little pressuer in them and if so whats the minimum amout i could get away with. Thanks
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet boomer!:waving::waving:

There's no minimum air pressure required. As long as you're not bottoming out the suspension on bumps you should be fine. We have several forum members who've cut down their bike seats successfully who should be able to give you a tip or two.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks paul i'm in the process of cutting it down now, as i said in the other post I modified the seat on my cavalcade and it worked out great.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to THE Goldwing Forum--Good people and good info and opinions!:waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I bought my first and only wing in August of last year after a 3000 mile plus trip on a Yamaha 1100 Vstar. The Vstar was just not that comfortable loaded with passenger and all the gear. I purchased the wing only for trips but after1 month I decided the Vstar had to go!! It was no longer being used even around town. The more I ride the wing, the more I love it. I have put on 13,000 miles on my 83 and ride all I can. I hope you enjoy yours just as much!!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.