Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

air pump comes on will pump up to about 20 pounds.what do i look for.is there a way to put oil in it.to see if it will get more air pressure.or do i half to rebuild it???have been doing it manuly...

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

The book doesn't say anything about the pump except how to replace it. If it pumps up to 20 PSI and keeps running but won't build up any more pressure it's probably just worn out. You might try putting a few drops of oil in the intake port of the pump. If you can get parts for it maybe it can be rebuilt or maybe you could substitute one of those 12 volt mini compressors.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'd recommend taking the dessicant filter apart and replacing the silica gel. Often the old stuff will break down and the beads turn into powder plugging the system. The stuff can also get into the valves causing leaks. Disassemble and clean the system, replace the silica gel beads (you can find them on eBay) and blow out all the hoses and valves. Usually that will get it all working like new. At least it did for two I've worked on.

One other thing to look for is air leaks. The compressor is a pretty small volume unit so if you have leaks in the hoses or valves it may limit how high the pressure will build. Once the pressure increases to the same value as the compressor can compress it won't go any higher. Mix up some bar hand soap (better than dish detergent) and water and slop it on all the connections looking for bubbles.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks guys.will try checking for leaks.then will take apart and clean everything thanks again..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.