Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a question that most will probably find strange or stupid but I am new to owning a GW. Now the bike / trike has a set of switches on the right hand side one say P-Check & below that is says outlet next to them the top one increase and under that it says decrease.

Here is my issue I figured out how to raise the back shocks which lowered my front end but now I can't get it to go back down??

I have pushed and held the p-check button and the decrease at the same time and nothing, I have pushed the p-check and the outlet at the same time still nothing, I have pushed decrease only & outlet only and still nothing & yes I have had the bikes key in the on position; but still nothing!!

This is starting to get a bit frustrating trying to level my bike/trike back out.

Also is there a way to rise the front of the bike to give her a more softer ride on the front end as some of the roads in my area are pretty rough and she hits kind of hard, I changed the front springs to progressive but still no difference.

Your help here will be greatly appreciated.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Just hit decrease on its own. If it doesn't drop the pressure, the switch could be stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Also, the engine has to be running before the compressor will kick in to increase the air shocks.

Check the fuses to make sure that there is no blown out fuses.

It could also be that the PO did not reconnect the air shocks.. this is something to check out.

In order to use the compressor alone to inflate stuff, the key has to be in the park position.

Good luck with this.

Welcome aboard as well!:waving: Great looking trike you have there.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Ben;

I'll try that next; I think I already did though, but will try it again.

Mr. fix it As to going up there is no issue there the rear shocks go up, I just can't get them back down.

One other thing; is there any air adjust for the fronk forks on the 1988 1500 wing as she hits pretty hard and I would like to soften that up a bit on the rough roads.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well I tried just decrease on it's own and it still wont go back down??

Any other ideas on getting my ride back to level again??

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

The front forks on my '90 were rough until I had the front fork seals replaced and the fork oil changed, then it rode like a different bike.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
imported post

Some of the info posted is wrong. In order to get the controls which increase or decrease the suspension to work, the ignition key switch has to be in the parking light position. Do this by turning the handle bars all the way to the left, then turn the ignition key counter clockwise. The first key position locks the steering, the second and last key position turns on the parking lights, and sends power to the suspension controls. Hold the decrease button, by itself, and your pressure should go down. When you push the pressure check button, by itself, it should indicate how much pressure is in the system. The increase button will pump more air into the shocks. The outlet button starts the compressor and puts air into the hose which in your right side saddle bag. This outlet can be used to inflate your tires if you have a hose that can reach your tires.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

OK I have the rear air going up and down as it should, that doesn't seem to be the issue as I thought after all The issue is in my front end It is DOWN this may have happened after I had the front springs replaced with the progressive ones?

I can take a hold of the front of the fairing and lift the front end up on her forks but soon as I let go she dropes down again.

The way she is sitting she looks like like an old Hot Rod "LOL" how ever that is not the way I want my scoot.

Any Ideas here Please.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Maybe a spring let go?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

One last detail, I understand from local friends that ride 1500 trikes.

In order to keep the front up to spec riding height, they changed over to the GL1200 progressive springs.

Contact Progressive to confirm this.

·
Trike Master
1,248 Posts
imported post

You didn't mention if you have a rake kit on the front? If so, fork extensions should have been added so the forks could be lowered in the triple trees thereby raising the bike back up to the proper position.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

No raked Trees

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.