Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need some input on the air ride seat cushions types ? I heard there good? brands?cost? dealers?:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

I've had an aqua-aire cushion for the last three years and I love it. I have only had 1 bad bladder and the vendor sent me a new one. While riding to Calhoun last september I purchased a waffle type seat cushion at Walmart.I find it is quite comfortable also. I rode with the Aqua-aire on top of the Walmart cushion , now that was real comfy. I am 6'3" the 2 cushions lift me higher in the seat. The Walmart cushion was hard to find, we stopped at 4 stores before we found one.

I would give the aqua-aire a good review.they aren't that expensive,about$40.00 john

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
imported post

Well, sometimes my seat has too much air, but my wife doesn't like me to talk about it.

Oh, Seat CUSHIONS! Never mind.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I like my air hawk seat cushion. You can even change the amount of air in it at a rest stop and get a whole new seat.

So far has not busted. Not even the day I hit the stick of firewood in the middle of the road and went airborne for a bit. About 7 months old, and I use it about twice a month on longer rides.

Kit

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I've had a half dozen of the cheaper ones... they all worked great but they all developed leaks after 6 months of so.. and are now useless... the air hawk is expensive, but assuming that it holds air, I'd have been better off with it.. If I make it to NASSIR2, I'll probably try one..

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

I'm using one of the seat cushions found at Wal-Mart and so far it is holding up well and is comfortable. It served me very well on the trip to Yellowstone last summer.

I tried the Air Hawk, but it did not work very well for me. While it was pretty comfortable the bladder did not last. That is probably because I weight around 240.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

just make sure you dont connect the air seat to the air bag or you may experience a james nod moment

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

I have an Air Hawk and find it to be very good.

It is very comfortable and the ability to change the amount of air easily means you can change the seating position in a matter of mements.

Highly recommended.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

I just got a flyer from Chrome World today, they have them in there. They only show one size and it is $169. Do an internet search and shop around, there are different lengths and probably better prices out there.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
imported post

Which size Air Hawk do you use on the 1800 with a stock seat?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

In answer to several questions, you use the large cruiser or touring size. This is where I got mine and still seems they have the best price.

RL Motorcycles

They also have a two year warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
imported post

so i guess i'm the oddball of the group for liking the gel better then the air

with the gel i feel more in tune with the bike. that isi feel the ride better & it's more relaxing to me

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

PAF1047 wrote:
so i guess i'm the oddball of the group for liking the gel better then the air

with the gel i feel more in tune with the bike. that isi feel the ride better & it's more relaxing to me
Naw, not an oddball, most likely just have ...............well I had best behave, I have been into the brandy to get warmed up today and might say almost anything. :D

But will just say, those of us who do not have much butt, like the air cushion, as it pads all the pressure points.

My stomach is bigger than my butt, so the air hawk works for me. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Kit

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Does the aqua-aire cushion slide around much or adhere to the seat good? I have a call in to the company now ... supposably on back order, but I don't like the 6-8 week for delivery. I assume you purchased through the company in Peoria, AZ, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.