Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ed
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Air leaks into front Suspention. I replaced valve stem in switch(control swith). Still does it. Any tips would be apreciated. Have thought of going to regular instead of the air compresser but rather not if possible. Compressor works fine

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

its can be caused by a moisture buildup, in the toggle switch,and the lines. it get there because the desiccant in the compressor has expired, and needs replacing.

replace the desiccant and the sponge filter, in the input lead, blow all the lines with compressed air ( I used a can of air from a computer shop.)

once the compressor is reinstalled, you can also blow the lines etc, by unscrewing the lines leading to the forks, and using the toggle switch to pump air through the system.

good luck,

·
Ed
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have changed the desiccant and have also checked the valve stems in the switch assembly and it apeers one is bad, but cann't find that valve stem. I tried a regular from tier. No change.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

When you say air leaks in front Is it leaking through when you have air in the rear shocks. The reason I ask is Im having this problem. I deflate the front forks but it still says I have air in them

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

Same problem with my 82 Aspencade. I've tried everything! I've purchased NOS air switches, new valves, checked and replaced o-rings, and tried using soapy water to find the leak -- no luck. I've checked every air line and the air pump. I don't want to make it sound impossible to fix but it will take a lot of time and effort. Start with the o-rings. You might get lucky. Hope you find the answer.

:?

·
Ed
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thats what I am faceing, same thing?????????????????????????????
What do we do, convert to manual

·
Ed
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Why can't someone come up with an answer, Not even the dealers want to help you

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

I'm darned if I can find it but I read somewhere, the solenoid valve can also cause leakage of air, mine worked fine after I blew the lines, so I didn't check the solenoid, but it might be worth a look to make sure there is no moisture around the sensor joint.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

A manual shut off valve place in the right place might just
be a fix.

·
Toolmaker
34 Posts
imported post

You should fill front shocks first, then rear. there will be rear pressure reading if you go back and check the front making it look like you have to much air in front. A retired dealer explained this to me. I tried to explain it best I can I think your systems are working correctly, just interperating it wrong.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

otistool wrote:
You should fill front shocks first, then rear. there will be rear pressure reading if you go back and check the front making it look like you have to much air in front. A retired dealer explained this to me. I tried to explain it best I can I think your systems are working correctly, just interperating it wrong.
Never heard of that before. Must be why even if I let all the pressure out of the front, it still shows 1 bar no matter how long I hold the button. Learn something new every day here:applause:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.