Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have a 98 1500 trike with a rear centre air ram, the rubber gaiter has split on this ram exposing the chrome shaft, my question is can this rubber gaiter be replaced if yes, are they available from anywhere.
Regards mo.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links to those threads, not sure the threads are dealing with the correct part, they refer to left or right hand shocks, I have a problem with the centre air ram, on the trike I have coil over shocks left and right that are fine, but in the centre is an air operated ram that alters the ride height and stiffness this is the item that's got a split gaiter, need to know if a replacement gaiter can be found and fitted.
Many thanks, mo

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Ah now a little more information that helps. The name of the trike manufacturing company would be good information also to include with your initial post.
I didn't know there was a center air shock available on the trikes. Is it a custom option? Or maybe a one of a kind?
I would say you will have to contact the trike builder to find that one.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Any name on the shock?
Posting a picture of the shock might help.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Stu
Thank you for your interest, the trike is a EML.
I thought that the air ram may have been a standard fitment on the bike prior to it being triked, it raises and lowers with a digital read out on the dash without problem, but needs a new rubber gaiter to protect the ram, a normal shock gaiter would not be big enough, will try to b get a picture of it in due course.
Regards. Mo

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
No, it's not stock on the 1500. Being in the center that is where the wheel would have been.
I hadn't heard of EML before now(just did a google search), nor of a center air shock fitted on any trikes, so you'll probably have to contact them directly or a trike builder there.
Or you could measure the diameter of the gator ends and see if you can find one locally or put in the numbers in an internet search.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once again thanks for your input Stu
I have written to the company that triked the bike, which was about five years ago will let you know the outcome.
Regards Mo

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The outcome
Sent company who carried out he conversion an email, they phoned me back with he details of the part required and although not in stock they say the replacement rubber will reach me by the end of the week, good service from Appleyards of Kieithley UK.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
:claps: Glad you found one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.