Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I had to disconnect the hose to the rear air shock on my '96 Aspencade to remove the rear wheel (controls were fixed yet to let teh air out). The controls are all working now and when I pressurize the shock it will hold for a minute and then leak all the air out. Is there a trick to tightening the bolt up to keep pressure? I don't want to overtighten it and damage the shock :stumped:

TIA

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

eluwak wrote:
I had to disconnect the hose to the rear air shock on my '96 Aspencade to remove the rear wheel (controls were fixed yet to let teh air out). The controls are all working now and when I pressurize the shock it will hold for a minute and then leak all the air out. Is there a trick to tightening the bolt up to keep pressure? I don't want to overtighten it and damage the shock :stumped:

TIA
Are you sure that it's leaking from the connection and not the shock? Did you replace the sealing rings that go on each side of the banjo? Don't over tighten the banjo bolt or it will either strip of distort and have a permanent leak. You might want to go over the area with soapy water and determine just where the air's going.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I did not replace those rings... I am certaing that is where the leak is from (soapy water verified). I'll get some new rings and see if that does it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.