Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

good morning every one. just wondering if a set of air shocks off of a 94 will fit my 1980 gl1100.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Are we talking about GL1500 shocks or GL1200? You have 1984 in your thread description, and 1994 in your post. :?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sorry it should be 84, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

they should fit. I do believe they are same just different model numbers. friend has a 84 and the shocks look the same as on my 82 before I changed them...They just may be a little longer but not enough to hurt anything. These are 1200 shocks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

looks like same as 1100 to me... what you think?

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
imported post

The 1200 chrome upper shock body is a 1/4" longer then the 1100 is all, so no problem.

One problem the oem 1100 air shocks had was the chrome rockwell hardness rating on the bottom tubes. Honda relied on too high of air pressure using weak inner springs. The seal would grip the tubes and score the chrome rendering them useless to rebuild, so with any oem honda air shock, check the tubes for scoring, as they will always leak otherwise.

Progressive air shocks come with a high chrome rockwell rating, with much stronger inner springs. Having said that, I walked into the garage one day only to find they had both dumped all the oil onto the shop floor on my 1500 with only had 20k on them.

Progressive sent me a new set which I sold to a friend, then purchased a Progressive 460 ais left shock and never looked back :<;)

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

ya I put spring shocks on mine to.. I love them

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
imported post

:<)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts