Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I though that whilst looking for a vacuum leak I would replace the sub Air Filter. I thought that it was behind the compressor switches on the right hand side but it's not obvious. Is it the box on the bottom left hand side of the photograph with a hose leading into it ?

If not where is it please ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Thanks to Rudy (on the ball, as usual) who says that it is

So anyone know the part number please ?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Hey Ron. :waving:

I got mine at Cheap Cycle Parts.com

I paid $2.00 for mine

I'd suggest that while you are into her that deep, you might as well order the Cruise ValveFilter Element ($1.27)

Dusty

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

That's great Dusty, thank you. Both parts requested from my local dealer.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I go the cheap way, buy a piece of green foam lawn mower air filter at a hardware store and cut it down to fit. Usually a foam filter will provide enough to do the job two or tree times. I remember someone else on the forum used the foam from a foam paint brush as a replacement. I like the green colored stuff better, it's more likely to show up deterioration better.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all for the tips.

Do the filters require any oil on them or are they fitted "dry" ?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Work some of your rear drive (Hypoid 90) oil in them, remove excess, then install

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Is it imperative, that since the bike may be 10 -11 years old with that low mileage need the timing belts be replaced . I do understand that in time anything that is made of some type of rubber or in that family of petroleum by-products will deteriorate.over long periods of time. Just wondering because my 98 Se has 18k on the clock and I have seen on this site that some Wings have 50+ k on them with the the factory belts still working fine. Thanks guys Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.