Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone:waving:

I was wondering if I am able to put more air into my rear shocks on my 85 interstate. Not sure if this is possible but it does have tubes coming out of the top. Not sure were these go, but if I can, where do I top it upand how?

Many thanks Lee ( New to the goldwing Group ):?

·
Registered
54 Posts
imported post

put on center stand and remove right hand cover and you will see a schrader valver that you can air up the rears with, a lot of will put air in or take out it depends on how you want the ride. if not mistaken i believe the max is 57 psi.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

khazl wrote:
put on center stand and remove right hand cover and you will see a schrader valver that you can air up the rears with, a lot of will put air in or take out it depends on how you want the ride. if not mistaken i believe the max is 57 psi.
Thankyou so much for your help:thumbsup:.

Am I able to do the same with the front?

·
Registered
54 Posts
imported post

yes you can do same for front schrader valve is on right fork but use a hand pump only max psi is only 6

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

khazl wrote:
yes you can do same for front schrader valve is on right fork but use a hand pump only max psi is only 6
Found them, cheers for your help buddy:applause:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

I have used a compressor on the rear but only after setting the output to less then 10 lbs and just short bursts. Very short..would not do that on the front..hand pump is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

you can also do this and bounce on the bike till you feel good
about the feel if they are solid you got too much in and will blow seals....p.s. you just spurt in the air in 1/3 sec increments till you get the right feel for your fancy...that my take on this!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.