Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So how much air pressure do you carry in your air suspension?

According to my manual the GL1500 has a range of 0 - 57 PSI.

ken k

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I like 2 or 3 pounds in the front & around 40 in the rear but Im over 300 pounds of x army boy!:cheeky1:

Try 2 in the front & 35 rear. take it for a toot & tweek it until you are happy with the ride!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I did not know there was air in teh front suspension. Do you adjust taht manually or with the pump? i have a GL1500.
k

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

some of the SE versions came with a air nozzle on top of the forks to allow you to put a bit of air in, not all 1500s have it.

I used to load the bike up with passenger gear etc, pump up the rear air pressure and let the bike raise up, then release the air until the bike started to go down and then just add a few more pounds, hope that makes sense to you,

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

some of the SE versions came with a air nozzle on top of the forks to allow you to put a bit of air in, not all 1500s have it.

I used to load the bike up with passenger gear etc, pump up the rear air pressure and let the bike raise up, then release the air until the bike started to go down and then just add a few more pounds, hope that makes sense to you,

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

3-ish in the front & 45 in the back for me (265 lbs of well-fed Canadian)

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

with progressive springs front and rear on my 1200, I run about 3-4 front and 12-15 rear.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

2-3 psi in the front and either 20 or 40 psiin the back, depending on if I'm riding with a passenger or not. Let me tell you something that may drive you a bit crazy as it did me, if you think you're going to keep those forks at equal pressure side to side, GOOD LUCK! I spent the better part of an hour trying to get them perfect and it just wasn't happening. It takes a split second of added pressure to shoot it up 4 pounds. Again, good luck and don't let the equal pressures in the front stress you out. I can assure you that mine are probably not equal right now and there is no way I could tell while riding.

Respectfully,

Ed

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

ChasW wrote:
Doesn't anyone use the autoleveling feature? Or don't they all have this.
1500s don't have it.

I just use progressives all around and 35 lbs in the rear when it's just me and 57 when it's 2 up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.