Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've seen so many Wings with after market temperature gauges velcro'd, glued, tied, etc. to the cockpit area. There is not a good, clean place to mount one!

It would be great if Honda could add a digital temperature readout to the dash area.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

Hey oduck2112 :waving: [shadow=blue]You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Please update your profile and insert your LOCATION.:action:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

The 1800s have an LCD screen with airtemperature readout.

John S.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I dont know about you guys but, when theres water coming out of my head, I KNOW its hot out. and when my teeth start to chatter, I ask a friend in case I'm wrong but that usually means its cold out. why do you need a thermometer?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

my 83 interstate has a factory hondaline one.JB

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

The next generation temp gauge readout should display all the time. Why have to push the button and bedistracted unnecessarily?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I have a tiny bimetallic coil one stuck on my wing mirror ( did you see what I did there ) it's high 70s at the moment..... yesssssss!

carl nth wales uk

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts

·
1,594 Posts
I dont know about you guys but, when theres water coming out of my head, I KNOW its hot out. and when my teeth start to chatter, I ask a friend in case I'm wrong but that usually means its cold out. why do you need a thermometer?
Especially when riding in Mountains , it it nice to now if the temperature is close to freecing point for Water ! - yes i can feel that it gets colder the higher altitude , but I THRUST a thermometer more than feelings.LOL.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
The next generation temp gauge readout should display all the time. Why have to push the button and bedistracted unnecessarily?
Ditto that! With this new 2012 generation bike, perhaps all we need is a factory Honda computer update to get this air temperature selection option added.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Because you can only fit so much info on a small display. If you think having to push a button to get info that you want is distracting, you oughta try riding till the jewels are hot and binding. THAT'S a distraction.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I actually have a digital in/out temp clock, date and voltmeter gauge. Gonna place the outside probe down low up behind lower front cowl to read the road level temp, it has ice alert.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Next thing folks will want is heat and air conditioning.

I got that on mine. When it gets cold I close my windshield vent and when it get hot I open it. >:)

·
Administrator
24,365 Posts
Because you can only fit so much info on a small display. If you think having to push a button to get info that you want is distracting, you oughta try riding till the jewels are hot and binding. THAT'S a distraction.
There's an easy way to make that more convenient. Jump a small wire from the lg/w wire going into the steering stem to the r/y wire going to the info switch panel. Then all you have to do is push the turn signal cancel button to bring up the temp. This for 06> have not done it on the pre 06.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.