Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A couple of weeks ago when I dropped my 1100 at a stop light (Embarrassing? You bet.) I broke the upper arm and the chrome painted ball on the right hand side. It's a duplicate of the lower left hand side that is pictured below.The plastic wing itself survived; only the upper arm broke.

Anybody have one that they'd be willing to part with for a nominal sum and postage to 19348? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

I'll look after work, might be some pieces in the garage... :gunhead:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

How is it that the metal broke and not the plastic??????

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Shooter wrote:
I'll look after work, might be some pieces in the garage... :gunhead:
Thanks, Shooter.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

newday777 wrote:
How is it that the metal broke and not the plastic??????
I have no clue. Dumb luck, I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Sorry for the late reply. All I could find was the Dark amber wing,(broken), no bracketry... :gunhead:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I have the brackets that bolt to the plastic, not the arm's, think I used them for something else.:?

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks to all who replied (sor far). Guess I'll give it a little more time and then get a new set if no bracket is available.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Was just browsing thru the latest Whitney catalog. They have the set for $52. + shipping. I had no idea the price had gone up so much.:shock: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Just a shot in the dark here but if the bracket can be straighted out and repaired you could check out the local Home Depot or whatever and see if any cabinet hardware will match . You might get lucky and save some big bucks .?

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

machinehead wrote:
Just a shot in the dark here but if the bracket can be straighted out and repaired you could check out the local Home Depot or whatever and see if any cabinet hardware will match . You might get lucky and save some big bucks .?
Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, the end of the bracket broke off and was not recovered.

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Dosent look to difficult to fabricate something .?
Again , try looking around a hardware store for something that you can make up .

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

klwatts wrote:
Try this place:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page33.html

Not sure what brand of air wing you have but their brackets look the same as yours.
Thank you very much. Just ordered the arm and ball top-nut. Really appreciate your finding and sending me the link. And thanks to everyone else who also took time to help.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

PAPete wrote:
klwatts wrote:
Try this place:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page33.html

Not sure what brand of air wing you have but their brackets look the same as yours.
Thank you very much. Just ordered the arm and ball top-nut. Really appreciate your finding and sending me the link. And thanks to everyone else who also took time to help.
This is exactly what i was going to post. Those guys are amazing. I accidentally ordered a black item with 3 chrome parts, so they called me and made sure i didn't want chrome, i did want the chrome and selected the wrong one on accident. Such amazing customer service.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I never used AirWings and not sure what part has threads.
Boy-o-boy if that ball don't look like anold Door Pin.

In old hardware stores there are Electrical Finials that look just like that.
Maybe epoxying a bolt into the finial?

:?my $0.0002

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.