Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2007 Goldwing trike and looking for a nice set of air wings for it. I like the Baker Built wings but don't like the idea of drilling holes in my bike! What do you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I recommend the Baker Built wings. They cam on my 1500 when I got it, but I don't see anywhere that would have required drilling on it. I believe they used existing screws, they just supplied longer screws.

I installed the wings on my 1800 and did have to drill 4 holes, 2 on each side. Baker Built gives very good direction, a very good and easy to follow template and they even supply the drill bit to drill the hole.

I would say it would be very difficult at best to get it wrong, but, if by some chance I could have gotten it wrong, I was only drilling into the molding pieces on the 1800, which would have been easily replaced. However that was not the case and I like the Baker Built Wings, wouldn't own anything else.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No drilling required. On the new generation wings, it has you to install a "stop" just off center of mirror. Then uses a "pinch" bolt to hold in place. You could install a small rubber piece or so to cushion but not mandatory.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
No drilling required. On the new generation wings, it has you to install a "stop" just off center of mirror. Then uses a "pinch" bolt to hold in place. You could install a small rubber piece or so to cushion but not mandatory.
Your talking about "Hand Wings"

The OP was asking about "Wind Wings" (or air wings)

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
On The Baker wings,The main wings only need the little snap in trim piece drilled on the 1800. No drilling on upper mirror wings if you use them. They supply the bit to drill the plastic trim. I did not like the idea when I read the instructions either. But it is the little trim insert right in front of your knee when seated. It pops on and off the lower fairing. I figured if I did not like them I would have to replace the trim. I installed mine over a year ago. In summer turn the upper pulling air towards you. Leave lower closed it keeps radiator heat turned away. The part I liked is they offer black or chrome hardware. Purchased mine from CycleMax I am very happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.