Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airhawk Seat Cushions - Your Opinion?

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  530ktm 
#1 ·
I know the AH cushions come up in discussions from time to time, but what I'm interested in is:

For those of you who have tried/used the Airhawk, how well did/do you like it, and was it worth the money?

#2 ·
A friend of mine bought one over the summer. He said he's tried to get comfortable on it, but he couldn't. So he's sending it back. I know they have sold lots of them, but everyone butt is different.,,

#3 ·
I've had one now for four years. It is the more expensive neoprene type.

The secret is setting the air pressure just right, when that's achieved it is excellent.

Was it worth it? Yes you bet.

#7 ·
I've had mine for 4 years. For me it works great. As others have said, the key is VERY little air. If overfilled, it is not comfortable at all and makes you feel like you're riding on top of a hard pillow. Very tiring for your thigh muscles, but if filled just enough to suspend you about a quarter to a half inch above the seat it is great. The right amount for you is dependant on your weight and your bottom side spread so the amount of air is equally individual. For me, as little as half a mouthful of air makes the difference between extreme comfort and just so-so . You'll have to play with it a bit to get it right for you.Added a couple hundred miles to my days comfort. Well worth the money spend.

#8 ·
I had one and did not like it. I tried and tried for about two weeks, added air / removed air - but never could find a good spot. I gave up and had to return it.

It was worth a try, but I am glad I purchased from a place that accepted returns (Amazon) - as opposed to trying to save a few bucks.

#10 ·
Love my Airhawk ,on a recent trip my buddy was looking slightly uncomfortable on his 1500 .... the dreaded roids....being a good buddy I lent him my Airhawk he passed me a few miles down the road with a big smile ..enough said

#11 ·
I bought mine used at a swap meet for 10 bucks from a guy that swore it was great. With that, I did not ask why that if it were so great it was for sale for that price.

Figured it was worth a try for that kind of money. First thing I noticed is that it did not hold air very well, and all I needed to do to fix was to cut the filler tube back about .25" and put the fitting back on.

Used it on two long rides, with high, low and everywhere for pressure, could not find a good spot for it. It just seemed too soft, like a factory seat, and made my butt hurt but using it on top of my Corbin was still al little better than my stock seat.

My normal running seat is a Corbin, noted for being hard as a rock. Yes, I agree with Corbin's info on hard is better. If I sit on my factory seat for a short period of time it feels great, like the AirHawk does, but after about 30 min, it starts hurting. My Corbin never feels comfortable, ever, but it feels the same way after 5 min to 5 hours. Nothing that I have tried has ever been as good as my Corbin with nothing on it, but my butt.

Needless to say, I did not keep the AirHawk.

As mentioned, every butt is different. Good luck.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.