Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey, my ST1300 seat is starting to sag (27,000 miles), and the raw sheepskin we threw over it no longer solves all my "nether region" problems as it once did.... on the way back from Nova Scotia, I was seized by genius and put my blowup pillow under the sheepskin...... worked fine until it punctured, but, boy, what comfort!

Heard nothing but good things about the Airhawk, and I wanna get one.... anyone know of a good place to get these? They're spendy, up to $180(!), but they beat heck out of a $700 Russell Day-Long seat......any help appreciated.....

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

If you get one, keep us posted.... I liked my (cheap) air cushion too but couldn't keep it holding air so I have shied away from the airhawk for fear of the same (probably not true?).. maybe it actually will hold air for at least a day...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Is this what is like to get old?:cheeky1:

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Is this what is like to get old?:cheeky1:

Bernie
Maybe....but it beats the hell outa the alternative!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

You know CJ, I had a blow up thing in college that... wait, that was something else altogether.

There is a thread on here somewhere (I'm not real good at finding that stuff yet) that was discussing air cushions, not sure if it was Air Hawk or not. Seems like there were samples being sent out to try. Might be worth a forum search.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

That's what we paid (each) for ours. I ordered them direct from the manufacturer. I figure, if something does go wrong with them (they have a 2 year guarantee) I don't have to worry about being jerked around by some (fly-by-night) middleman. Be careful though, there are two models. One is cheaper than the other. The AirHawk told me that the cheaper one is not as durable as the more expensive one and has less of a warranty. So, if you do find one cheaper, make sure it is the one you want - not the lesser model.

They are a bit tricky to set up, but they are really nice after you do.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey CJ, you might just go to a medical supply shop and get one of those little inner tubes they sell. Might even be cheaper to go to Les Schwab and get a lawn mower inner tube. I've heard you old fellows need that kind of help.:cooldevil:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hey CJ, you might just go to a medical supply shop and get one of those little inner tubes they sell. Might even be cheaper to go to Les Schwab and get a lawn mower inner tube. I've heard you old fellows need that kind of help.:cooldevil:
Yeah, well, it's the one tool I've got that definitely deserves protecting.....had "Ol' Faithful" up and working since I was about twelve......!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Just one of the guys
4,783 Posts
imported post

The airhawk also comes in different sizes so check that out before you order one.

I love mine, in 2 1/2 seasons I have never had to add air to it, it does not leak at all. Well worth the money according to my backside.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

if you have a motorycle outlet store nearby here we have jp cycles near and they always have one on demo

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Try an inexpensive wheel barrow inner tube (8" I believe)before paying more for the hawk. Just blow it up around 50%. The poster who mentioned this option was very satisfied.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
Try an inexpensive wheel barrow inner tube (8" I believe)before paying more for the hawk. Just blow it up around 50%. The poster who mentioned this option was very satisfied.
You know, I saw a guy at Nassir 3 doing just that.... what's his name? The Police Captain from Illinois? Hey, officer, are you out there! Identify yourself, and tell us what inner tube you're sitting on! Damn, just can't remember his name; great guy, had two beautiful 1200s... C'mon people, help me out here....!

That's a good idea; gonna try it tomorrow....thanks, Dan and Exavid....

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

CJ, I have been using Aqua-aire seat padsfor several years. They cost about $39.00 each and they supply a spare bladder. Just adjust the proportion of air and water until you are happy. I use 2 pads to lift me higher in the seat so my hips are higher than my knees. I can now ride all day in comfort.My 1800 stock seat cripples me after a couple of miles.

thks John

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

johnboy wrote:
CJ, I have been using Aqua-aire seat pads for several years. They cost about $39.00 each and they supply a spare bladder. Just adjust the proportion of air and water until you are happy. I use 2 pads to lift me higher in the seat so my hips are higher than my knees. I can now ride all day in comfort.My 1800 stock seat cripples me after a couple of miles.

thks John
Hi, John.....like the price....Aqua-aire.....are they motorcycle specific, or are they in car supply stores or some such? I'll google them.....never heard of them before... Thanks, Mel

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

You can get a great deal on an Airhawk on Ebay, just be patient and look for a reputable seller that sells a lot of them...

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

CJ, the address for the pad is http://www.aquaaireseatcushion.com/ , The pad can be used anywhere as per the web page. I find that the original bladders lasted about 2 years, the new bladders are supposed to be improved. A replacement bladder is $14.95.

The price has increased since I purchased the pads several years ago.

Anyways it works for me , several local riders also use the pad.

John

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
imported post

Before the wing my always had the air hawk on the passenger seat. It was the only way I could get my wife riding with me. In our opinion the air hawk is a quality product and well worth the money.

After we got the wing it is no longer in use - of course!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.