Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anybody have an Akuma helmet? Ran across them in Popular Mechanics and they look kinda cool. I'm having a problem finding one to try on and am wondering if anybody can advise me on how they fit?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:I have never heard of them until today. My first instinct is no, until I knew more about them. Akuma Helmets Official Website

They look pretty neat to me, I would pick the Apache" one. My main concern would be how much do they weigh? That is my biggest complaint about my Symax by HJC. It is a great helmet, and works well, but is a bit heavy, so on an all day run or several days it does work on you as far as weight.

So I have a Shoei and a couple Nolans and a new Nolan ordered.

When you get into gadgets, it adds weight, has to. but does look like a some very cool helmets.

I would have to pick one up and try it on, just think they might be a bit heavy?? I could not find any information on that, on their site.

Kit

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Yikes!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Yikes!
The new one is the color of your bike, with my yellow jacket and black bike, the contrast is easy to see.

Kit

·
Premium Member
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Their web site says $99 dollars. They call it a sun visor.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

Thanks KC. By the way, are you the member, from another post, who was going to check into a local dealer and hopefully get the real low-down on front fender extensions for airbag models? Phew!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Yes I will run over to Sumter in a week or two, I want a couple more wheels from the trike shop anyway. I will pester them till they show me all about them.

Kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.