Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought this Genuine Honda Motorcycle Alarm sometime a go and plan on fitting it this winter. The instructions are a bit vague! Has anybody out there fitted this Alarm and has any advice.:waving::waving::waving: Honda part No is 08E55-MAT-C00

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Is this the same one that fits the gl1800? The unit sits in the space for the cb radio so you won't get both in there together. I fitted one to a gl1800 and was easy to do.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi GW Norman I don't think this alarm is specific for Goldwings ? it comes with 2 push button keys and a control box with a 16 pin connector, also a connecting lead which you have to connect to the bikes wiring.
I will try take a picture and post it in the gallery.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Pictures are in the gallery :waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

BUMP :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

Hey Shrek,

Just a quick shout out about security systems. I just had one taken off my 85 ltd. It started to melt down and shut down the entire electrical system. The bike wouldn't start or run. I took it in to a shop to have a professional look at it. He ended up dismantling it to get the bike back on the road for me. His thoughts were that aftermarket alarms, or any other for that matter, were useless and almost guaranteed to fail at some time. Unless you are willing to take a risk, the value to your bike is, at best, negligible. Any professional theifthat really wants your bike will take it in spite of the alarm. Good thing most of them do not want bikes. The truth be known, the only one that really pays attention to alarms anymore are the owners and the neighbors that feel annoyed when they go off. If you have a steeing lock, that is as good a security system as you need. (Beside the info from a professional at a shop, I have also had the same advice given to me on this forum from those that worked on alarms in autos and bikes and I paid $435 for the info and repair to the damage it created). I like the looks of my bike but I like riding it more. My advice, for what it's worth, leave well enough alone. v_man_1

:jumper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.