Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ever been here?















We had a fantastic group trip in 2006
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
imported post

My brother and I are planning on going in 2011...My 50th birthday.

Can't wait!
 

·
Probationary
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
imported post

If someone gives me a pile of $ I'll be there for sure.

Nice rig there 'theROADRUNNER". :cooler:
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

Yup ..... been there, done that...... 2005.....
 

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

but first.... with our little kid (now 6'2" tall and 230lbs!).... in 1992
 

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

kind of like Alaska, me........ wouldn't mind going again!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
kind of like Alaska, me........ wouldn't mind going again!
CJ

It had to be a great trip for you too! We were gone 49 days! I loved the Talkeetna area - less commercialized than Anchorage or Fairbanks. We loved the flight around McKinley





Then the natural beauty of Alaska is emphasized in your senseswith just being there!

 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

Beautiful photos, Roadrunner.... glad you had such a good time! I haven't even seen Denali yet! Been socked in both trips..... but a native up there made me feel better... said he had lived there for twenty years and only seen the mountain twice!
 

·
Life Time Premium Member
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
imported post

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Beautiful photos, Roadrunner.... glad you had such a good time! I haven't even seen Denali yet! Been socked in both trips..... but a native up there made me feel better... said he had lived there for twenty years and only seen the mountain twice!
We lived up in Alaska from 1958 - 1961 - Air Force, you know.

We have seen Mt McKinley on numerous occasions. In 2006 on our way to Talkeetna from Denali National Park, we saw it about to open up. We pulled over and waited - sure enough it came out of hiding.









I would love to go back for our 50th anniversary next year but ... I have to stay home.

Sweet memories though ... the ride

 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
wasnt exavid up there near that time???
Heck as old as he is, he was there about 100 years I think. :dude:

Nice pics of what sounds like a nice trip. Thanks for sharing!

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,344 Posts
imported post

great pictures, thanks for sharing them
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
imported post

One of my projects for a ride long and often trip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
imported post

Is the road as bad assome peoplesay? For instance, to Anchorage or Valdez.

Or the stretch in the Yukon? I've read stories where you are bombing along at 65mph and there is a 4 ft pot hole or constant construction.

Plenty of hotels or campsites and gas stations along the way?

Thanks for any info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

98Wing-487 wrote:
Is the road as bad assome peoplesay? For instance, to Anchorage or Valdez.

Or the stretch in the Yukon? I've read stories where you are bombing along at 65mph and there is a 4 ft pot hole or constant construction.

Plenty of hotels or campsites and gas stations along the way?

Thanks for any info.
The road around Destruction bay was bad - loose gravel when we were there. Yukon was bad in spots. Nearly constant construction going on. Had several long waits.

Plenty of camp sites, motels, etc. Buy a "Milepost" for the latest and best information about availabilities on the road.

Very seldom did we do 65 MPH. :shock:Many did and many crashed!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
725 Posts
imported post

i guess i can't go. i don't own a GL1800, just a lowly 1500:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
725 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
but first.... with our little kid (now 6'2" tall and 230lbs!).... in 1992

 

 
CJ what make is that sidecar? i have a fellow here,wants to sell me a yamaha v-star with that rig attached.

(my apologies for hi-jacking the thread)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
but first.... with our little kid (now 6'2" tall and 230lbs!).... in 1992
CJ what make is that sidecar? i have a fellow here,wants to sell me a yamaha v-star with that rig attached.

(my apologies for hi-jacking the thread)
:waving: I think CJ would tell you it is a Motovation Sidecar. (sorry for hijacking your hijacking!) :D
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top