Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

We took a ride to see the mighty Pacific Ocean.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

One for the Twilight fans.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Another one for the Twilight fans.

Attachments

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Well, Nassir 4 was a bitter disappointment for me this year... horrible experience....

You see, even though it was in my backyard -- only 120 miles away -- and even though we had registered to camp at Manchester State Park to save money......

IT STILL COST ME $3200!!!!!

Why did it cost me that much? Because those sly Canadians, WPGfire and Kyle and their very nice wives, allowed my wife a peek inside their fancy pop-up campers, and now she won't sleep in our tent! So I had to go and buy one myself! I've spent $3200, don't have a trailer hitch on the ST yet, and the dumb camper is still in Knoxville, Tennessee! 2000 miles away! And if the ST won't pull it, the damn thing is gonna cost me $20,000 large because then I'll have to by an 1800! All because I went to Nassir 4!

(Does anyone know how I can sue the Canadian government to get some of my money back!)

:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Well, Nassir 4 was a bitter disappointment for me this year... horrible experience....

You see, even though it was in my backyard -- only 120 miles away -- and even though we had registered to camp at Manchester State Park to save money......

IT STILL COST ME $3200!!!!!

Why did it cost me that much? Because those sly Canadians, WPGfire and Kyle and their very nice wives, allowed my wife a peek inside their fancy pop-up campers, and now she won't sleep in our tent! So I had to go and buy one myself! I've spent $3200, don't have a trailer hitch on the ST yet, and the dumb camper is still in Knoxville, Tennessee! 2000 miles away! And if the ST won't pull it, the damn thing is gonna cost me $20,000 large because then I'll have to by an 1800! All because I went to Nassir 4!

(Does anyone know how I can sue the Canadian government to get some of my money back!)

:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

:D You dummah!!!!:D Me and Wpg.fire sold our trailers as soon as we got home cuz they really suck:ROFL:But we got an awsome royalty check because of all the Americans we conned into buyin one. Nothing but 5* hotels for me and Larwence from now on.:cool:

So...actually congrats fella. You'll love it. What model did you get?:congrats:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Aspen Sentry.....smaller model.......

Haven't even seen it yet! My buddy, Dubswing, found it for us, just like he did Red's Miata, and since he did such a good job for her on that, we trust him.........

D'ya guys have a good ride back? We enjoyed meeting all of you....

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

And you were chuckling to yourself as we pulled out of camp because you thought you got a FREE Tshirt out of that dumb Canuck!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

You didn't know we have a distributor in Tennessee?

The A-Z of Canadian business deals:

Eh 2 ZEE!

:raspberry: :readit: :raspberry:

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Aspen Sentry.....smaller model.......

Haven't even seen it yet! My buddy, Dubswing, found it for us, just like he did Red's Miata, and since he did such a good job for her on that, we trust him.........

D'ya guys have a good ride back? We enjoyed meeting all of you....
All good except the tourists. Glacier Park, a couple of them billy goats wondered up by the road so them tourists had to stop, jump out of their cars and take 50 or so pictures. Traffic both ways ground to a stop which up here we call a parking lot. Once through Glacier we had 3 days of cloudless 100 temps running the flatlands back home through Montana and North Dakota. It was a wonderful overall 6,000 mile plus trip, of course the hilite was meeting you and the rest of the Saunder's folk.

Niki (What's Her Name) really enjoyed meeting and getting to knowthe other gals. She still upset with Q-Daddy :thumbsdown:eek:ver Hon being called The Hag though.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I can't help but think the ST1300 should pull that trailer just fine. You gonna go get the trailer, Mel?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
I can't help but think the ST1300 should pull that trailer just fine. You gonna go get the trailer, Mel?
Maybe...don't know yet. Dubswing knows a lot of shipping types, and he's gonna check to see how much to have it shipped..... with the price of gas, it might be an option. If it isn't, yup....will have to go get it!

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
4evermetric wrote:
Maybe...don't know yet. Dubswing knows a lot of shipping types, and he's gonna check to see how much to have it shipped..... with the price of gas, it might be an option. If it isn't, yup....will have to go get it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,713 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Heck its not that far from NASSIR V , make some plans . Of course storage rent may cost more than gas money :ROFL:

No need to get an 1800 , your wonderful Red probably wouldnt mind dragging you around with the Miata ;)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
4evermetric wrote:
Well, when I was running my 1200 and first got it, it had a trailer hitch on it. I pulled a trailer full of roofing tools, compressor, etc., 200-300 pounds very easily. that was a 1200, your's is a 1300, so it should do the job just fine. You gonna try to stick with the 1300 if possible? It seems like a good idea to me, because all the camping gear and clothing will be gone off the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
If it isn't, yup....will have to go get it!
If the timing worked out, I might be available for Wing-Man duties.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Yeah, that'd be great......maybe we could work in that Iron Butt...... (if Red doesn't go that is......!)

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm. Just thought CJ,but I do not think I saw your name on the Eureka Springs M&G in Sept:readit:. If you could hold off on picking it up for a month, then why not make the Eureka Springs M&G on your return trip? Be a good spot to fix any little bugs you find on itor to add the little fancy doo dads to personalize it.:?

Also a good place for everyone else to drool all over it. :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts

·
Administrator
20,584 Posts
imported post

Mel, let me know if you need any help getting it. I could run to Bernie's pick it up, and bring it to ES for you because I won't be hauling a trailer to NASSIR 5 because either Mrs. Fly or Flygirl willbedriving Flygirl's Tahoeto Arkansas for us to have a big vehicle for whatever we need it for. Another thought is bring itback to Kansas for that matter where it would be closer to you. I'm sure between a bunch of us here, we could get it a lot closer to you even if we have to pull it with our Goldwings!

Just let me know what I can do to help you my friend!

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Fly............put it in my garage, I'll take care of it.............., maybe that's not a good ideal, he'll never see it again

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.