Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi peeps,

Mrs jovirossi here, am I allowed:(to visit?

I need some advice please. JOVIROSSI about to embark on fitting shiny new exhaust system.

If you have read his other threads, you will know it's been a bit of long haul (it arrived with 2 right headers:shock:)

Now, what precautions should I take whilst he is carrying this operation.

Do I need to hide all sharp implements?

How long will ittake before he yells murderous threats and at who?

Am I likely to need an emergency place to stay for the night?

Should I warn the neighbours?

How many beers should I have on chill?

When he is in full flow and discussing the rudiments of exhaust manifolds / baffles /

turn ups and turn downs / seals / copper rings etc, do I................................................

smile and nod knowingly

Keep adding the odd "yes dear"

or throw caution to the wind and tell him to sod off!!!!

One good thing I will eventually get my best bed linen back, he wrapped the damn thing up on it's arrival,and stored it in the bedroom:cool:

Thanking you in anticipation.

also thank you for allowing me to visit:clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Hi Mrs jovirossi :waving:and welcome to the fold! :waving:Of course you are allowed to visit :clapper:

OK, advice - have you anywhere you can go for the weekend? :cooldevil:friends, mums, health spa, luxury hotel? If so - GO!!!!!!!

Failing that, if you find you have no option but to join in with the "fun" here's one or two points I noticed whilst "assisting" with the recent bearing replacement and centre-stand fitting on Chippy01's Valkyrie -

If he asks you to pass something to him, make sure you know exactly what it is he wants - there are a few different types of spanner for example and sods law says you WILL pick up the wrong one :cheeky1:

Again, if he asks you to "hold that there" make sure you know exactly where :baffled:

If he says "do you think you can do ...." - and this is most important - SAY "NO" this will keep your hands and nails clean and whole, and take away the danger of being told you are not doing it properly .........:headbanger:

Have a large glass or two of your favourite tipple on hand, block your ears to the profanities, and .......... be ready to admire, and praise when the job is done- tell him what a clever person he is to be able to do all that himself ........:D

keep your towells out of the way till his hands have been cleaned on several rags, and make him take you out for dinner, as your reward for being such a help to him!!

I still think going away for the weekend is probably the best option though - enjoy!!!!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

JUST LET HIM BLOW GOBS OF HOT AIR AND BURNT GAS FUMES TILL HE QUITS AND COOLS OFF THEN WHEN HE'S ASLEEP GET OUT A JAR OF A PRODUCT CALLED BLU-JOB, RUB IT IN REAL GOOD ,,,PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO ALL THE LITTLE CREVICES ,,,LET DRY ,,,,,POLISH WITH A GOOD ELECTRIC POLISHER!!! HE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU FOR IT !!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Lady, visit all you want but I'd also advise you to get your own user name, something totally female and not like his.

I concur on the going away for the weekend!!!

And don't pay no never mind to that fellar in the rockin char and the jug of shine!!!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action::action:

I also think wannabe's list ought to be made into a sticky for the ladies!!!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Sunderland has some nice shops for a change, then again, it may not be far enough away, good luck

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

When he says "just chuck me that wrench" BE CAREFUL if you actually chuck the wrench and hit the Wing...............

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

hello again peeps,

So much good advice, but forgive me do you mean rub this blu stuff on the chrome or :shock: jovirossi, just when you mentioned all the crevices.................................. I did begin to wonder.

Last time I rubbed anything onthe owld fella, it was for a bad back and he was'nt happy then:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.