Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I logged in today I seen 202 total members and 20 online while I was here and more new members by the minute. There was only 133 members a few days ago and the most online ever was 8. Is there a prize or am I missing something, where did they all come from? After all this message board is only just over a month old.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

'Twould seem word about this great website is spreading. I, for one, can attest to the plethora of information I've gained as a novice Winger.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

NNNNAAAA!!!! Luck of the Irish!:cool:

All Gave Some,, Some Gave All

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

All you guys from Canada and the U.S. will have to visit Ireland next summer :)and see what it's really like, :Dand of course bring your wings with you. The moderator (wexman)of this board organises great runs throughout the country on a regular basis, so why not come along. :cool:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
there a prize or am I missing something, where did they all come from? After all this message board is only just over a month old.

News must have spread about the MCN picture of the 05 wing because that thread is getting loads of hits (the pictures won't show unless they register or login, thats to save bandwidth being wasted on lurkers I think). Don't worry Ben, most of them will slip quietly away soon enough. No prize I'm afraid so go back to sleep!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

We all had to join to see the 05 pic you all had on this forum. Someone posted a linkl to it all over the other 1800 boards in the U.S.

Ronnie-The Toolman

Lake of The Ozarks

Warsaw, Missouri U.S.A.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I gave a shout out about this group in a Yahoo Goldwing club in which I am a member.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That explains it. All very exciting stuff! I tried posting the image of the 1800 on the gl1800.org site but couldn't do it. Looks like someone managed it. Loads of US people use this forum anyway so any news items on the 1800 are sure to do the rounds fast. Long live the WorldWideWeb!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Well thats the way of it Ted. We all chase news on different forums when a hot item crops up. Only for various forums spreading the word via their members we would never have heard of the problems that other people had with their 1800s.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I logged in to see the new wing photos too. I have not previouslybeen a full member of the site, although Steve Saunders has published my "first days on an 1800" elsewhere on this site.

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~wingnut/GoldwingOwnerReports.htm

Thanks for having this site up and running. It is always fun to see what is happening on the other side of the pond.

....Scott MacMartin

aka 24K Wing

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I came over to see the pix of 2005 Goldwing. had to reg to see it. I must say like this site, the forum is new different and easy to use. Englishted, you may be wrong when you said 'most of them will slip quietly away soon enough" I think I will hang around for a spell.
Doug

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

being new to goldwings and a member for only one week, I have to say this site and members have been more then helpfull with a couple of things about how things work and how to fix a wing. I know I'm not about to drop out of this forum for a long time.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

:cool:Hello fellow wingers! Steve...great site.

I bought a well used GL1100 81 a few weeks ago and surfed the net for information, and low and behold, up came your site...it is the only one to use. Good job, and thanks to all you experienced Wingers out the in cyber world for sharing your information, there is a great selection of tips after reading everone of them on your site.

Check out the following web site form Bike Bandit for fische information http://www.bikebandit.com and look up your desired wing under OEM parts.

Smooth Winging

Rick

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Doug wrote:
I came over to see the pix of 2005 Goldwing. had to reg to see it. I must say like this site, the forum is new different and easy to use. Englishted, you may be wrong when you said 'most of them will slip quietly away soon enough" I think I will hang around for a spell. Doug

I hope you enjoy the "spell" as much as I have so far Doug. BTW, interesting site you have.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
When I logged in today I seen 202 total members and 20 online while I was here and more new members by the minute. There was only 133 members a few days ago and the most online ever was 8. Is there a prize or am I missing something, where did they all come from? After all this message board is only just over a month old.
Bringing up an old thread. Way to funny. Hey where did all the new members come from? This site went from 133 members to 29,120 in no time flat :cheeky1:

Whats even funnier is most ever online was 8 :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Ok,

I give up !!!! Enlighten me about this 05 wing pic please. My curiosity is killing me and I have searched and searched for this picture that would attract all of the attention.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

OK :readit:

I see the dates on the posts now... Now, I see what all of the supposed interest was in for a picture of an 05 Wing.....

Good one...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

:readit: I started reading this thread and was wondering "whats this all about a 2005 Wing pictures"?????....Then I looked at the date.....Along with "member" count"???of only 202, with 20 online??? I thought at first something had really gone bad over night....Then it all came to light when I seen the date......:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:...I remember looking at Steve's pictures of taking that Wing out of it's "flimsy" crate 3 years ago.....Dylan was 5 then.....Now Steve has to be ever watchful or Dylan with be "borrowing" Dads Wing.....Bet he can stand flat footed on the seat now......:shock:....Yeah loads of fun dredging up old posts sometimes......

Claude.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.