Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what size deep allen socket for the 1500 forks and where to find it?

after removing and replacing tires, discovered the seals are leaking:sadguy:

imma replace the seals and bushings while im in there

any tips or tricks you guys use?:bow:

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
the allen wrench you need is 6mm . I prefer the type that fits on a 3/8 wratchet drive . It can be a problem to find one with the length needed . I think I actually cut off a section of an L shaped 6mm allen and fit it to a 6mm socket .
there are some threads here on making a tool to remove the fork caps which are under spring pressure . check this thread for ideas on a home built tool : DIY Fork spring tool - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
OnaWingandaPrayer is correct. 6 mm ,,,,,, and I did exactly as he said. Cut an old allen wrench to use it in a 6 mm socket.
Here is some more info you can check out that may be of some help.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-goldwing-technical-forum/381683-another-fork-spring-tool.html
Same here. I found the hand impact driver wouldn't loosen the locktite on the threads so I used my makita battery impact driver with 1/4" drive socket adapter.
I cut the Allen wrench with my 4" grinder with a cut off disc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.