Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

this was only on the road for the first 6 months after it's registration. I've spent a few few months fettling her up and changed the cam belts :) Taking her for MOT next week .... She's done 6,461 miles!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Fab looking you have to be pleased with that now go ride it like you stole it

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

ITs seems you've done a good job . I hope your able to take out and enjoy the scenery .

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause:
Awesome job, That is a thing of beauty!!!

:claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys, it's a shame the riding season left is short this year. I hope to get a few miles in. At least it won't be stuck in the garage for 20 years again.

Couple of things I need to finish it but they will turn up on ebay at some point I'm sure. The air vents in the shelter sides aren't howI would like them but ... it can't stay looking this clean forever and I may learn to live with them :)

cheers for the comments! this iste has been a great source of info, well done

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

So what put her our of action in the first place? :?

Nice little collection there Mork, including the BX and the BMW. :claps:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Pete, it went in to a workshop for work 10 years and was left there. 'must have been sat somewhere else 'with the original keeper' for the other 10.

I bought it from ebay as a project in a few pieces with the carbs left loose on top of the engine.

I stripped and rebuilt those then set about the clean up. Its took a while but the result is very gratifying for me. Getting a log book was a problem at first. DVLA didn't recognise the number despite it been taken from the bike. I was told it wasn't registered :( and would have to apply / register it, proving it's age etc. I found the first and only tax disc issued for the Bike! with the correct registration number on it.

It was one letter different, no doubt theerror of the supplying dealership.

Dvla confirmed this identity was correct, and given this history I believe the mileage to be correct.

I changed the belts on it just to be sure, but the looked like new as you would expect really :)

here's the fleet of bikes and my sons car

2000 ZX12R mine from new 16,000 miles
1997 600 Bandit the wifesbought it a few years back with 327 miles on it now 3,800
1993 K75 bought in March with the Wing it had done 4994, now has over 6,000 on it
1990 Wing as in the pictures

cars well
the BX I bought 8 years back with 27,000 miles on it, just short of 90,000 now

in the garage is a 1986 CX GTI Turbo.. with a few subtle mods. I've owned this since it was just over 2 years old.
I don't have loads o money, I've gone without a lot for these things :)

Th BX daily user ;)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Oh boy did those last pictures bring back memories!!
The red BX is identical to one my best mate owned before he died, I borrowed that car a good few times and it was so comfortable to drive and didn't mind being loaded up.

Now the ones behind your turbo flip paint one just bring back memories of Paris when I was a lad and staying there.

It gets busy on our driveway at times too!!!

:cheesygrin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Excellent news Mork, out and about riding now then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.