Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

woman in a minivan on her cell phone.

What if all motorcycle riders started running cell phone jammers? Yeah, they're illegal...........so what. If every biker ran a cell phone jammer, it would probably be enough to create enough of a disruption to at least be noticeable.

I've got one.......and it'll kill every phone conversation within about 50 feet........you can see it working at intersections. I've only played with it a few times.........but I'm thinking about simply hardwiring it into my bike and having it tied to the ignition so it's on all the time.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
imported post

Can you post a link for this product? These darn C phones are getting out of hand and lots of " US " are getting hurt and killed.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

knowing my luck if i were to do that the person would be trying to get their phone to work and paying even less attention and slam into you

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Yeah great idea, but I would hook it up to a toggle switch so you could turn it on and off, just to see the look on peoples faces when you block them....On all the time may not be a good idea, just in case someone was talking to, or calling 911....Other than that fry them...:shock:.

Claude....

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

My wife's Altimahas been struck in the side the past two years by young folk on cell phones.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,708 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
knowing my luck if i were to do that the person would be trying to get their phone to work and paying even less attention and slam into you
With my luck also, that would happen and I would hate to block a 911 call. More thought required on this.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
imported post

While we were on vacation in September we left our car at the dealership to have a couple of recalls taken care of as well as regular maintenance. Well, we stopped to pick it up on our way home and less than 5 miles from our house a brilliant pizza delivery guy talking on his cell phone rear ended me. I was so angry at him I could have back handed him and I think he thought I was going to. We had just driven over 1600 miles on the wing with no incidents and this idiot on his cell phone has to hit me before I could get home. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Looks like theyre coming out of China. 50ft range on the small one. The bigger watt ones may get further but probably not that far. They are illegal in the US though, but as mentioned, a moving jammer would be extremely hard to trace or track. A simple "don't tell" would be advisable. If it jams they'll probably take their eyes off the road even more to see what happened to that dropped call and how many bars the y have. Then bam.....

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,640 Posts
imported post

If I had one of those jammers, going to a movie theatre might be easier to take.

Or, going back to school for something. The folks who think that they are inaudible really burn me up.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I have been looking forward to buying one of these for some time. Only recently have they come down in price. (gee I wonder why) My number one use would not be on the road, but the movie theater where cell phone usage is just awful. Just be careful how you use it, as with all things.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

I have to agree, they will spend more time trying to figure out what happened to their call and redialing.

So, I would like to find a cell phone overrider, one that would replace their incoming call audio with a pre-recorded looping message...

"Hang up and drive, cuz you aint talking while driving around me!"

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

:waving:That's 1000+ watts of dirty Citizens Band radio. Trust me on this one.....:D

What's even more entertaining... coming over some nuckleheads 1000+ watt stereo systemwhile he's bee-bopping down the road.:shock:

We fight the good fight 'round here when needed.....:cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised that there's so much cell phone ringing at the movies. The woman who hangs around here and I have been to a few this past year and never heard one go off.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

People will put their phone on vibrate, but then answer the phone and talk and talk and talk during the movie.That has been my experience.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
I have to agree, they will spend more time trying to figure out what happened to their call and redialing.

So, I would like to find a cell phone overrider, one that would replace their incoming call audio with a pre-recorded looping message...

"Hang up and drive, cuz you aint talking while driving around me!"
Now that would be perfect. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
imported post

The problem is that folks won't know what is happening and will be more distracted trying to figure out what is wrong.

Interesting idea...but probably more trouble than its worth.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.