Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As my signature states I have a 05 1800 on order that I will be picking up in March. Until yesterday Honda Canada had no pictures of what colours were being brought in for 2005. All the dealer could tell me is Red, Silver, Blue,White and Yellow. None of which appeal to me. other then the red (Nothing wrong with them, just don't work for me) not to mention according to Redwing, if I wish to remain on this forum I am legally obligated to purchase a Red one,:goofygrin::goofygrin: which I have no problem with, as all of my bikes sincemy1976 750 K6 have been red. But when I went to the Honda Canadasite the picture they used to show the red was totally pitiful,:shock::shock: so much so I would haverefused to buythat red.:X:Xas I have no intention of spending $30,000.00 Canadian on a colour I didn't like. Then my most wonderful of significant others :waving::waving:seeing how distraught I wasreminded methat there was a manufacturers bike show in Toronto this weekend, and wouldn't they have the new colours of bikes on display?? So I ran down today, paid my $13.00 to get in, headed straight to the Honda display,found a Honda rep askedto see the 2005 red Goldwing... Much to my joy:clapper::clapper: it is a great colour, :18red::18red:very similar to the US Black Cherry red which I really like, maybe even a little richer, and absolutely nothing like the colour on there web site. I asked the Honda rep why the pic on there sight was so bad, his answer was I don't know, not my department. Geee thanks I saidthenleft, whistling and humming all the way home. :santahat::santahat:

And can now enjoy my Christmas:santawaving::santawaving:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

The Black Cherry is the only red available for 2005, far as I know. Its really nice to look at, almost like the old wineberry red from the early 1500.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
As my signature states I have a 05 1800 on order that I will be picking up in March, according to Redwing, if I wish to remain on this forum I am legally obligated to purchase a Red one,:goofygrin::goofygrin: I wasremindedthat there was a manufacturers bike show in Toronto this weekend, So I ran down today, paid my $13.00 to get in, headed straight to the Honda display,found a Honda rep askedto see the 2005 red Goldwing... Much to my joy:clapper::clapper: it is a great colour, :18red::18red:
can now enjoy my Christmas:santawaving::santawaving:
Hey goldwinger, :waving:Now you can enjoy your turkey :clapper:Not alone is it a great colour, but it is also the Fastest colour. :grinner: Merry xmas. :santahat:
:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

BigAl wrote:
The Black Cherry is the only red available for 2005, far as I know. Its really nice to look at, almost like the old wineberry red from the early 1500.
The colours available in Canada are usually different the the US.The white and Yellow are the same but the blue Red and silver all have different names and colour codes. Our red is called Bloodstone Red.I agree the nicest colour was my first goldwing an 1100, Candy wineberry red.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey goldwinger, :waving:Now you can enjoy your turkey :clapper:Not alone is it a great colour, but it is also the Fastest colour. :grinner: Merry xmas. :santahat:
:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:
Thanks Redwing, I thought you would be pleased. And a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

By the way, where do you get all the great Avatars from??

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

My '82 Kawasaki I bought new had a red called Illuminous Passion Red. Wonder who comes up with the names for colors.

Next paint job on my bike I was a deep, deep dark blue. Found one on a Toyota I want called Stratosphere Mica. Go figure.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Thanks Redwing, I thought you would be pleased. And a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

By the way, where do you get all the great Avatars from??
Hey goldwinger, :waving:The special avatars are only available to members withtheRank of"Very Active Member" and im the only member with that Rank so far. The rank of "Guru" which you have is very common on this forum so you dont have any privileges like this. :crying:But when ya have posted 250 mesgs you will then be promoted to my rank, and an increase in salary will follow:grinner:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hey goldwinger, :waving:The special avatars are only available to members withtheRank of"Very Active Member" and im the only member with that Rank so far. The rank of "Guru" which you have is very common on this forum so you dont have any privileges like this. :crying:But when ya have posted 250 mesgs you will then be promoted to my rank, and an increase in salary will follow:grinner:

Wow, I am already having trouble spending all the salary I obtained when promoted to Guru, can't imagine what I would do with even more!!!:shock::shock:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote;
Wow, I am already having trouble spending all the salary I obtained when promoted to Guru, can't imagine what I would do with even more!!!:shock::shock:
Hey goldwinger, What about another :18red: for yourPardner. :grinner:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Naaa, she's too short, and there isn't enough room in the garage for two Goldwings. Maybe she would like an ST 1300? could squeeze one of them in with the wing.:cool::cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey goldwinger, :waving: nice bike. :clapper:Go for it. :clapper:You cant bring the bucks with you when you leave this old planet. :crying:My (what's her name)wife takes outthe R1 occasionally and joins me for a spin when the weather is pleasent. If i could convince her to do it more often i would trade the R1 for a Pan Euro.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey goldwinger, :waving: nice bike. :clapper:Go for it. :clapper:You cant bring the bucks with you when you leave this old planet. :crying:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

If your computer monitor has not been color calibrated, don't trust it for accurate color. Mass produced monitors vary quite a bit in color balance!

Working in graphic arts and printing pre-press, it's amazing how many people think whatever they see on thier monitor is correct.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
imported post

Not just the monitor, but video cards make a big difference also, as do individual settings on your computer for video frequency and color settings:baffled::baffled::baffled:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.