Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone,

I found this forum after running around the net looking for Goldwing information. This seemed to be the most down-to-earth and practical forum, while still being extensive, so I figured I'd give it a go.
I recently got hold of a 1980 GL1100 Interstate with roughly 50kmiles. It's definitely going to need some attention. It was in the garage during a house-fire, and has some heat damage to the peripherals, though upon second look yesterday, it's not as bad as I had first thought. Mostly fairing and luggage damage, though the hand-controls and front master cylinder is going to need some work. Other than that. just standard maintainance stuff- fork seals, filters, etc.
I don't know yet if I will aim to restore it(more or less) or if I am going to go right ahead and chop it. Either way, the process is going to be slow going. I've got manuals, and have at least rhudimentary experience working on and restoring bikes(though I have to say the GW engine is something unlike any other I've worked on) The first step is tomorrow-pictures and fresh gas. Possibly removal of bags and whatnot(making sure to keep the elecrical sorted/labled of course).
Anyway, after that I should be able to slap up some pictures to give everyone an idea of what I'm working with.

Thanks!

Raz

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from sunny Southern California

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I just got back from taking a boatload of pictures of the bike, pulling off some of the cosmetic stuff, just to get into her and see what I've got to work with. Going to call her Dalía, for what may or may not be obvious reasons(read: melted) Once I got the pics downloaded, sorted, resized, labeled, and uploaded elsewhere, I'll toss a couple up :)
Raz

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from central Texas. Lots of great people and info. here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:waving::action:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.